Business Analyst Intern
Dashmote / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* As our Business Analyst intern you will participate in data driven projects in a creative and confident manner.
* In your internship you will learn how to provide business value from data, analysing large quantities of data to create key metrics for internal quality control as well as for clients.
* You will work on new processes to improve on our current product offering for our clients.
* You will be responsible for the publication of our monthly reports and the correct maintenance of our databases.
* You will develop great organisational skills and will work with our team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and BI Engineers.
* You will be building upon our software as a service application which helps our clients win new business through our unique data and data science capabilities.
* Effectively communicate data insights to team & business stakeholders.
* Develop advanced queries to build internal insight reports, support story-lines and drive business change.
* Drive data execution of several projects forward by assisting the data product team in the report deliveries.
* Execute market research in the AI & Data domain to help us win in the Food and Beverage industry.
* Ensure that the quality standard of our product offering is met by building effective QA reports and monitoring that each step of our pipeline satisfies our assurance investigations.
Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies including in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analysing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilising our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master program that supports a career in the tech industry: Business Studies, Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
* Experience with SQL and database modelling. You have a good understanding of how data entities are related and can easily write database queries to obtain the results you need.
* Experience with BI tools and dimensional modelling. You know what facts and dimensions are, and Kimball is a name that you probably heard about before. Power BI, tabular models, and DAX are a plus.
* Proven analytical skills and business understanding. You have a big affinity for data and numbers, and a curious mind to discover insights. Pandas and general Python skills are a plus.
* Effective communication within a team, project management skills and an energetic, motivated, and proactive approach.
* Strategic, creative, and conceptual mindset.
* Full time or near full time availability.
Conditions and benefits
* An internship salary of €400 euros (with a travel reimbursement of up to €100 if residing outside of Amsterdam)
* Amazing office location in the heart of Amsterdam.
* Dashmote Flex: a mix of working from home and the office + 20 days of working remotely (anywhere in the world!)
* You'll have the freedom to really own your role and implement your own ideas;
* Unlimited holiday policy;
* Free Dutch course (depending on availability);
* Free access to well-being resources including certified psychologists (OpenUp)
* Working within an international team of over 60 people that truly value your contribution;
* An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level;
* Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of fun team team events and gatherings both in person and online.