Business Analyst Intern
Picnic / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
First things first: The role of an intern at Picnic is a versatile one. From day one, you'll coordinate a personal project in a holistic and sustainable way and play a crucial role in Picnic's business model. It's important to us that you run the whole project from initiation to implementation.
You'll get to be part of one of our five analyst teams (Fulfillment, Distribution, Commercial, Growth, and Expansion) and will work closely with colleagues from the Netherlands, Germany, and France. You'll have a mentor who will be supporting you during your whole Picnic journey, standing ready for any personal or professional challenges coming your way!
Some projects that you could be working on during your internship:
* Project 1: Deep-dive into (regional) customer demand related topics
* Project 2: Determine the distribution of article demand
At Picnic, we're revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you're passionate about a career in data analytics and consulting and are driven to succeed, we're offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam office and make a real difference in our scaleup environment., You're still wondering if it's the right role for you, and you'd like to hear more about the role? Email our recruiter Laure (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for a short call together in order to get more insights before you actually apply. (Please make sure that you fit the requirements in the "About you" section.)
Every expert was once a beginner!
You'll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You'll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you'll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you'll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
* Enable operational excellence by approaching challenges with a data-driven and analytical mindset
* Build and optimize models for process improvements
* Communicate effectively with different teams to deliver impactful and sustainable solutions, * You are currently enrolled in a Master's program in a quantitative field of study, such as in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, AI, or equivalent
* Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
* You are fluent in both verbal and written English
* Availability: at least 4-6 months for a regular internship
Conditions and benefits
You'll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don't worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer €800 per month gross salary for a full-time internship as well as 12.5 vacation days per six months, so you can recharge your batteries
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it's up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That's why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
* Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we'll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
* In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling
* From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who've faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!