Data Science Intern
Dealroom / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Detect and report upon data quality improvement areas, and execute improvement efforts.
* Identify, validate and harvest existing and new data sources.
* Build and maintain cloud infrastructure using Google Cloud Platform like deployment of API services and NoSQL management.
* Operate the continuous scraping and crawling processes, and seek ways to optimise them.
* Make the best use of customer feedback and usage analytics to improve our data quality maintenance processes.
* Develop, author, and maintain product and product education material, in our company wiki.
* Work closely with our product and development teams to keep your knowledge up to date, becoming a product expert.
Dealroom is a leading global provider of data and intelligence on startups and ecosystems.
Dealroom's mission is to accelerate entrepreneurship & innovation through data transparency.
With our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and an international team of 70 employees, we are ready for the next phase.
Today, Dealroom already has a well-recognized brand in the startup ecosystem, and clients located across four continents.
In the next phase, we want to become a globally leading data provider for our three core segments: VC, enterprise, and government.
Our passion for startups, scale-ups, and innovation lives in our work.
The team is ambitious, diligent, and proactive, but with a strong sense of fun, as seen at weekly team drinks! We continuously strive to live our values.
While we do have a spacious office in Amsterdam, we also support the possibility of working remotely and provide the necessary equipment and resources to set you up for success in a hybrid work environment.
The rapid growth of Dealroom.co requires an ambitious, curious and focused Data Science Intern to contribute to executing our data strategy.
We aim to deliver our clients with unprecedented, extensive, and up-to-date data around valuable tech companies. At Dealroom.co we value intelligent, articulate and motivated individuals who want to learn in a great team and rapidly growing business, but who also thrive working independently with clearly defined responsibilities.
As part of the Data Team you'll be working on task and projects related to data collection, transformation and processing as well as machine learning models on a daily basis. You'll act to maintain our current data and sources on par with our quality standards, and monitor this through our data warehouse and business-intelligence tooling. You'll actively search for new data sources, operate our scraping & crawling processes, and seek to improve these, including updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures. You'll build data pipelines and data processing services, and train and build NLP models to tag multiple data points. Programming with Python is required for most tasks and projects.
You have a passion for anything related to tech startups, Artificial Intelligence, big data, and numbers. This not only includes knowing the Dealroom database inside-out but also staying up-to-date on industry news to truly understand how we can best use internal and external data sources. If you are a hungry, curious and courageous individual, with exceptional data skills, a good understanding of technology, and a proactive mindset, please read further!, * Currently enrolled in the last year of undergraduate or graduate-level studies in a European college/university with a declared major in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Business, or a similar field of study.
* You are available for a full-time internship (40 hours/week) starting February 1st, no part-time
* Python skills are mandatory
* You're proficient in Excel and you enjoy working with numbers
* NLP knowledge (bonus)
* You are meticulous, with a structured way of working and you don't lose sight of the important details
* You're a creative person, always looking for ways to optimise and automate repetitive support processes to free up more time to spend on quality interactions with clients.
* Comfortable with working in a multicultural and fast-growing start-up work environment
* Self-motivated, detailed, ability to prioritise, proactive and ambitious
* EU citizenship or eligibility to work in the Netherlands
* Fluent in English
Conditions and benefits
* An internship compensation fee.
* Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
* Positive, empathetic, and outward-focused colleagues and customers that are at the forefront of innovation and technology.
* A great office, in the heart of a vibrant city.
* Perks designed to set you up for success in a new reality:
+ Flexible working hours
+ Travel reimbursement
+ Training on the job to improve your SaaS knowledge
+ take your birthday off
+ Learning & development budget
+ Weekly Yoga & work-out sessions
+ More to come!
* The duration of the internship is of minimum 6 months