Dealroom / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
The rapid growth of Dealroom.co is in need of a diligent and motivated Finance intern to assist with the day-to-day operational tasks. At Dealroom.co we value ambitious, intelligent, and articulate individuals who embrace change and thrive working at a fast-growing startup with a great team, but who also enjoy working independently with clearly defined responsibilities.
You will be contributing to the delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting and responsible for the smooth running of all expenditures in order to successfully support Dealroom.co's operations. This role has a significant internal impact, along with the expansion of the company.
As part of the Finance team, your main responsibility is to assist with the management of our financial administration on a daily basis, operating payables through our administrative tech-stack, consisting of ExactOnline, Spendesk, Hubspot, ING, PowerBI and Excel. Besides this, you will participate in the month and year closing process and will be an integral part of the Audit-cycle.
If you are focused, hungry, and detail-oriented, with a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, please read further!
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Finance Intern you will:
* Manage accounts payable (processing invoices and internal expense management)
* Assist with the month and year closing processes
* Contribute to departmental budget control, project budgeting, and scoping
* Assist with the preparation of the annual audit and other departmental projects
* Ideate and execute projects to keep improving and enhancing the professionalism of our payment processes
What we can offer you
* Internship fee
* Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
* Positive, empathic and outward-focused colleagues, and customers working at the forefront of innovation and technology
* Perks designed to set you up for success in a new reality:
* Home office set up (desk, chair, monitor, etc.)
* Flexible working hours
* Take your birthday off
* Daily office lunch
* Travel reimbursement
* Employee Stock Units plan
* Learning & Development budget
* Health & well-being initiatives
* Currently enrolled in your last year of Bachelor's or Master's with a declared major in Finance, Accounting or a similar field of study
* Proficient with Excel; experience with an ERP system, such as ExactOnline, is a big plus.
* Strong analytical and mathematical skills
* Detail-oriented and accurate, and organised
* Able to prioritise, and with excellent time management skills
* Able to efficiently handle a high-volume workload and meet tight deadlines
* You have a passion for technology, startups, and venture capital markets.
* Comfortable with working in a multicultural and fast-growing startup work environment
* Fluent in both written and spoken English. Good command of Dutch.
* Preferably with another internship experience with financial support related activities or a similar role