Visual Design Intern (Customer Communications)
Picnic / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Picnic is a visual brand. We are currently in full throttle taking our visual identity to the next level by creating out of the box concepts and updating all our visual assets. As a Visual Design intern, you will play an impactful role in this brand evolution.
You will join the Customer Team which is responsible for online acquisition, advertising, onboarding of new customers, and campaigns geared towards our most loyal customers. This means you will be working on a variety of digital content to support concepts targeting all sorts of Picnic customers. One week you will be working on a big email campaign to engage with our audience. The other week you will be making subtle changes to digital assets displayed in our app and social media.
We are looking for a versatile intern who is interested in all kinds of visual design, has a keen eye for detail and is not afraid of a challenge. You will work on all the graphics that are part of a growing business and on top of all that have fun! Your designs will contribute to Picnic's story, and your creativity will help us establish the future of in-app grocery shopping.
Our modern, light-filled office is full of creativity and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to learn from great designers and work with a diverse team of analysts, communication coordinators and copywriters.
What you'll do
* Work alongside experienced designers to learn all design aspects of the online supermarket business
* Develop cross-channel campaigns that engage our existing customers
* Create and update email campaigns and social media assets
* Ensure brand consistency across multiple channels
* Help shape the future of our brand and visual identity
At Picnic, we're revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you're a passionate Visual Designer, we're offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
* Student at relevant design school
* Passion for visual design and an attractive (online) portfolio
* Competent with Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
* Self-starter with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude
* Attention for detail, ability to notice the small but important things
* Ability to quickly recognize and adopt new trends
* Affinity for illustration is a plus, but not a must
* Experience with animation is a plus, but not a must
* Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
* English skills on point, Dutch is not a must, Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it's up to you and your team.
Conditions and benefits
You'll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you'll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you'll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You'll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don't worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer €800 gross salary per month for a full-time internship as well as 12.5 vacation days per six months, so you can recharge your batteries