Visual Editor Intern
Picnic / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Together with our visual editor you will be responsible for post-production of the photos in all countries
* Manage our packshot library, including organizing, saving and uploading photos
* Review mood images from suppliers and upload the best images
* Brainstorm and contribute creative ideas to improve our visual product presentation
* Assist the photographers when needed
At Picnic, we're revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our product photography team. If you're passionate about product photography and eager to learn more about image editing for a fast growing online supermarket, we are looking for you!
In a nutshell
Ever since Picnic was formed, the importance of consistent high-quality product photography was clear to us. That's why we've always shot all our packshots in our own photo studios, eliminating any dependencies on suppliers and creating the best customer experience. You'll be part of the product photography team. This team has an important role because without photos, we cannot sell products. Working together with our visual editor and photographers, you have the opportunity to learn everything about editing and the photography process., Every expert was once a beginner!
You'll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You'll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you'll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you'll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
* Preferably a last year Photography, Graphic Design, Communications student (mbo or hbo)
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, eager to become a Photoshop pro
* Passion for (product) photography
* Attention for detail, ability to notice the small but important things
* Good organizational and communication skills
* Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
* Available short term for a fulltime internship
* You're based in the Netherlands to be able to work from our beautiful office in Amsterdam
Conditions and benefits
You'll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don't worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer €800 gross salary per month for a full-time internship as well as 12.5 vacation days per six months, so you can recharge your batteries
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it's up to you and your team.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer-this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.