Mapiq / Delft (NL)Apply on site
As BI specialist you'll strengthen the team to maintain and build the foundations of our data environment, set up data modelling and to perform analytics on it. You'll be confronted with many data challenges for which you'll work closely together with data and business experts to jointly reach tangible results. You will help the team transitioning from ad hoc solutions to more scalable and low maintenance BI solutions.
As a BI specialist, you will be part of an Agile environment by being a member of a young and ambitious team of five data scientists and data engineers.
Role and responsibilities
* Interact with different product owners to understand their business requirements, which you will translate into solutions & applications
* Manage the communication between the different stakeholders (product owner, data team, our clients…)
* Prepare datasets and dashboard prototypes to explore and clarify customer needs
* Maintaining our current dashboard and reports while building a new salable and low maintenance BI platform
* Enjoying presenting the reports and dashboards to our customers and being able to respond to their requests in a timely manner
At Mapiq, we create workplace experience software solutions dedicated to making offices smarter, happier, and more sustainable. Our innovative workplace technology provides companies around the globe with the tools they need to foster creative and collaborative hybrid working. We are rapidly growing and always on the lookout for ambitious individuals who will bring their ideas, background, and culture to the Mapiq team.
Do you want to contribute to improving the workplace experience by leveraging the power of data? Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to work with different data sources on our cloud platform?
We are looking for a BI Specialist with 2-3 years of experience to help us with improving our BI platform by transitioning it to a more flexible and easier to manage service.
Full-time / Part-time · Delft/Hybrid, Our ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience in the Business Intelligent domain, who understands the power of data storytelling by creating meaningful visualizations and reports and stands behind our mission to build great places to work.
Necessary skills and experience:
* Expert knowledge of SQL, Power BI and data model design is key. Knowledge of other scripting/programming languages such as Python is a plus
* You can translate data coming from different complex IT sources into simple data models
* You are good at visualizing data and making impactful presentations
* We work with Azure cloud, so having experience with Azure services including Azure Analysis Services and Azure SQL Database is a big plus
We are working in an industry that is going sky high, and we wouldn't be able to keep up without the talented people we have at Mapiq. We always strive to hire people that bring their own ideas, background and culture to help us raise the bar.
Conditions and benefits
* Big challenges which help you to develop your skills in a much faster way
* The freedom of a hybrid working environment: work remotely as much as you want, and come to the office whenever you like, to meet your team or visit the gym!
* We think work is about reaching goals and developing yourself professionally and personally. We care about your well-being and offer free mental health support.
* We have 100+ employees who have built a strong community of board game enthusiasts, sports fanatics, coffee lovers, and more! Be yourself and have fun!
* Competitive pay: to us, that means that we pay you what seems fair to us, based on your current experience and skills. We'll discuss salary with you during our first interaction to ensure you know what to expect.
* Please let us know if you think specific tools or devices should be part of your job offer. We will also provide you with € 300 reimbursement to improve your home office, so you'll always be comfortable!
* And of course, we provide a pension plan, 25 vacation days, and travel reimbursement.