Business Intelligence Lead (B2B SaaS Scaleup)
SwipeGuide / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Want to do cool shit with amazing data to make an impact in a tech lagging industry? Would you like to join a fast-growing B2B SaaS company that is revolutionizing the manufacturing industry by empowering factory workers whilst saving paper at the same time? Fresh from announcing a further €5 million of funding in March, we are now searching for our first-ever Lead Data Analyst! Working with our Founders, CTO, the Product Circle, Customer Success, well, basically, the whole company, you will take ownership of data analytics at SwipeGuide. Your mission? Empower SwipeGuide with data-driven insights on the product, business, and customer to scale adoption and usage and help us make the right decisions. You'll manage the overall data architecture and develop, prioritize and recommend initiatives to improve and build upon the data architecture to support SwipeGuide., As the first-ever Data Analytics Lead at SwipeGuide, you will work closely with Sue (CTO), Daan (Founder/CPO), Willemijn (Founder/CEO), and a small team of Data Engineers to build, maintain, and troubleshoot data reports used by the company and our customers.
This can mean everything from creating new charts based on the data architecture and tooling we currently have to transform our data strategy completely. You have the freedom and power to OWN IT!
* Self Service: We are storing immense amounts of data but all of those insights are trapped inside of our tables in several databases. How can we make it easy to access and visualize that data? Can we enable non-developers to get those insights themselves?
* Maintenance: With ever-changing requirements from customers about the business about what they want to know (and ever-changing features in the platform) we need to keep up and make sure the data and reports are up to date and accurate.
* Performance: Sisense offers customers the ability to filter views of graphs and tables based on date, and we need to keep the historical data to show adoption over time. How can we optimize our queries and data structures to do this in the most performant way possible?
* Cross-platform experience: How can we combine and organize data from users on the web-based CMS and Viewers, but also our NativeApps?
Given the size of our team and demands from our customers, you'll be working on both operational and strategic levels. That means, on the one hand, you should be comfortable with data analysis, creating charts, and SQL scripts yourself, and on the other hand, you will use your broad experience and expertise to advise on what data to collect and store, how to do model and maintain it, and what tools we should use and implement.
A day in the life of the Lead Data Analyst could look like this:
* Defining the strategy for Data Architecture at SwipeGuide
* Create initiatives and develop priorities to improve upon our Data Architecture
* Defining and implementing new event tracking
* Developing reports and analysis to support SwipeGuide with decision making
* Analyzing existing tools and databases and providing software solution recommendations
* Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
* Design and develop large and complex data warehouse architectures
* Take ownership of large production data systems to support a variety of growing data needs
* Design, implement and expand data pipelines by performing preprocessing, cleaning and monitoring activities
* Growing the future Data Circle with the support you need to scale, * Unlimited holidays (and we think it works here!);
* In-office smiles or Zoom meets, up to you. Full-Remote working opportunities + Amsterdam office ;
* Competitive monthly compensation + monthly holiday pay;
* A challenging environment to develop your personal and professional skills with a lot of freedom to take on ownership;
* You'll be in a fortunate situation to make a high impact at a startup that is about to lift off after €5mn funding;
* You will enjoy working in a startup hub at B. Amsterdam;
* A chance to learn from other people's mistakes - we share and celebrate failures each week
We are SwipeGuide. We are on a mission to reduce waste, spare resources for better use, and save the world from useless paper instructions. Imagine working on a busy production line, and you have to rely upon outdated, inadequate work instructions. PDF and paper instructions are a thing of the past, so we're developing simple, intuitive cloud software to empower factory teams to perform better in their jobs and scale knowledge with digital standard work. Our SwipeGuide platform enables global companies like Coca-Cola, Heineken, and PepsiCo to build and share visual step-by-step digital work instructions with their workforce on any device. And yes, it also feels good to enable them to use less paper and save the trees !
We all know that a digital future is unavoidable, and we're providing the software essential for digital transformation. And it's working. We started with five people in 2016; today, after €5mn funding in March 2021, we have twenty-five full-time employees, 100,000+ platform users in 89 countries worldwide, and an inclusive, continuously improving culture.
OUR TEAM OF SWIPEES
* We have recently become a part-remote organization, but our office is preserved for 10 Swipees to attend each day (totally optional). For the future, it's totally up to you: hammock on the beach or face-to-face smiles?
* We work in a bustling startup hub B.2 in Amsterdam with 300+ other startups. You'll see the usual ping pong table, foosball, arcade machines, and PS4s everywhere. But, there are also charming places to sit in the sun, break-out areas, and ambitious, inspired people as far as the eye can see (when everyone returns!);
* You'll soon meet the road cyclist, the yoga lover, the guy with an oyster business, the ex-chef, the person to count on in an emergency, the social butterfly, the DJ trainee, the volleyball player, and someone who owns hundreds of sneakers;
* We like to fail (it's how we learn), and in our PowWow, we share our f*** ups (failures) and learn together;
* Our values are at the heart of everything we do; we strive to enable Swipees to develop their potential and showcase their authentic selves and engage in a culture of inclusion
At least 5 years of experience as a data analyst, business analyst, BI analyst, or related role.
* Experience with Data strategy for a young tech SaaS company
* Expert in writing and debugging SQL queries
* Experience in handling large data sets with relational databases (ex: AWS RDS) and non-relational databases (ex: AWS Redshift)
* Demonstrated experience working with power BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Sisense, or similar (can you walk us through a chart you created?)
* You know what a "materialized view" and "ETL script" is
* Able to translate complex requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
* Able to work independently and make decisions and manage priorities in a fast-paced startup environment;
* Organized and structured way-of-working;
* Fast learner with a growth mindset
* Fluent in English, * Experience working with Node.js or Python
* Experience working with AWS and its additional data related services (ex: Snowflake, Glue, etc. - we have a ton of free credits to experiment with until March 2022!)
* Interest in machine learning, AI, etc.
Could you see yourself in a similar position, but not this one? We are open to changing this position to suit your skillset. Apply then email firstname.lastname@example.org - (we are open to new ideas for this position).