Floryn / 's-Hertogenbosch (NL)Apply on site
As an Intern Business/Data Analyst you will help us to make better use of the data we collect and make sure we deliver the best product as possible to our customers. Being a Data Analyst at Floryn means you are a healthy mix between an entrepreneur and data analyst. You should be interested in how the business operates, what makes the machine tick, but also how you can leverage technology to gain insight into this. You will work closely with the Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams.
We have a lot of interesting data on customer behaviour, marketing channels, sales and CRM, loan administration, company financials and machine learning models. We use Looker for our BI stack, so you can re-use your definitions across reports, no more copy/pasting SQL queries! We like simple visualisations and dashboards that can actually tell a story.
What you'll be doing
* Create reports/dashboards using Looker by compiling data from different platforms (for example Hubspot, Google Analytics), note that the data is already collected for you, our pipelines are in place.
* Writing and automating data models in Looker and DBT.
* Engaging with stakeholders to understand business requirements for projects.
* Deliver actionable insights that improve our business.
Topics you might think of
* Identify together with our Head of Compliance Paula which compliance checks we want to monitor. Extract the data from our datawarehouse and model the logic in Looker. Share the compliance checks in a dashboard with Paula.
* Extract and analyze data to interpret the impact of Experiments on sales performance (e.g. number of leads, cost per acquisition, conversion rate)
* Setting up data modelling pipelines in Looker and DBT and try to minimize the repetition of code.
* Together with our CFO you will determine the cost components of Customer Lifetime Value. With this input you can model Customer Lifetime Value per customer in Looker, so that we can find high and low customer lifetime segments which we can target via our Marketing channels.
Floryn is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Netherlands. We aim to be the most responsible, scalable and customer-friendly online lender in Europe. We've lent out over € 200 million since inception (2016) and have processed over € 2 billion in transaction volume. We're located in a monumental building in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch that also houses the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS). We are with around 50 people, split over Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales.
The technology that we build plays an essential role in everything we do, so we work with a fully in-house development team. Building great stuff is what drives us and quality always comes first. Our technology has a major impact on businesses and people. Our organisation is flat and communication lines are short, so we can move quickly. We don't have code monkeys. Instead, we give you a problem and trust you will come up with an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 70-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds. We do things our own way, we ship code every day and we take pride in our work.
* A data lover and curious about the business side of things
* A self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* HBO or WO student nearing the end of your study
* Able to craft your own SQL to manipulate the data you need
* Excellent at table-football
* Familiar with data analysis and visualisation tools
Perks & benefits
* An internship/ graduate project with a lot of challenges in a very interesting domain
* Daily 'bourgondische' lunch at the office.
Conditions and benefits
* Depending on your education level we'll compensate you with a monthly internship fee in the range of € 400-750
* Many team activities, from drinks to sporting events.