Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Relay42 / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, who likes to be involved in the design and development of the infrastructure for tomorrow's products while safeguarding our SLA's for today's products? Do you enjoy being involved in build, release, deployment, and configuration? Our Infrastructure team is expanding, and we are looking for a go-to person for all infrastructure-related matters., As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you are responsible for making sure that the development and engineering teams observe modern development practices and have proper tooling and infrastructure available to run, build, test, and deploy their code. You guide teams and peers identifying common problems and help them solve them in a structured, consistent and organized manner. You define and create standard building blocks in terms of build, deploying, monitoring, infrastructure, and software components that can be used and reused from the development team and make sure the teams' problems are consistently and efficiently solved.
Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, and performing quality reviews. You can be the go-to person in anything infrastructure-related and you like participating in the continuous process of upgrading our monitoring, deployment, provisioning, and autoscaling.
Keeping our product in shape
* Develop reusable Terraform modules to build and maintain our AWS infrastructure
* Help the teams identify commonly occurring problems in incidents and tackle them structurally
* Develop/improve our monitoring (currently DataDog/CloudWatch) in order to detect anomalies, intrusion attempts, identify performance bottlenecks and define monitoring alerts
* Ensure our CI/CD pipelines (currently Gitlab) run as smooth as possible
* Actively participate in R&D and supporting all technical teams into making the best decisions in terms of tech used, infrastructure, deployment practices choices
* Manage incidents and work with the various teams to ensure incidents are resolved
Actively participate in the teams culture
* Manage the flow of day-to-day infrastructure development initiatives and operations
* Communicate clear instructions to team members
* Listen to team members' feedback
* Monitor team members' participation to ensure the training they are being provided is being put into use, and to see if any additional training is needed
Support the organization
* Drive and lead architecture design sessions to safeguard the system architecture
* Work with Software Developers to reduce bugs, shorten development times and automate processes to allow Developers to spend more time developing
* Translate tech and engineering terms to the rest of the teams within Relay42.
Relay42 has grown from a start-up to a champion in data marketing technology in Europe. We help top brands achieve a 360-degree view of their customers by connecting all data points and personalizing 1 to 1 communication across all channels and devices in a scalable way. We have become a market leader in the Netherlands, and we are now connecting the rest of the world.
Meet the team
You will join the infrastructure team lead by Nikola Yovchev. As a progressive organisation, we invest a lot of time in improving our processes in addition to "just" working on the product and the infrastructure. As such, we've moved beyond the traditional rigid team structure and are working in flexible and scalable "circles" which encourage personal growth and give individuals more recognition for their achievements. Together, we decide where our architecture is going, and which technical developments will be integrated into our daily work. After a few years, we want you to look back and be proud of the work you've done together with the team.
* Extensive background in operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications
* Experience with Terraform, Ansible and similar tools
* Knowledge of common Unix/Linux tools, shell and Python scripting
* Experience in prioritizing existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan and drive and monitor its execution across multidisciplinary technical teams
* Experience with monitoring tools like: CloudWatch and DataDog
* Experience with data analytics tools (ex. Cassandra, Spark, DataBricks)
* Experience designing infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
* Soft skills:
+ Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
+ An eye for security, scalability, resiliency, and any other buzz-word tech people use nowadays
+ High attention to detail and analytical reasoning
+ You are self-sufficient
+ Team player
* Experience using and developing against AWS
* Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
* Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum/Kanban
Conditions and benefits
Competitive salary and a great work environment where your work will have an impact. Working with a highly motivated, young, and dynamic team with a mission to become the market leader in EU. And last but not least, the opportunity to make a real impact and work in an informal and scale-up environment.
* Pioneering entrepreneurial atmosphere
* Training, conferences and personal development opportunities
* A fun, dynamic and connected community with monthly and quarterly meetings/events & Innovation week
* Communal lunch & Healthy and less healthy snacks all day long
* Flexible working hours and workspace
* Pension scheme