MX3D / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Computational Developer, you will be developing, testing and deploying new innovative solutions for translating 3D geometries into metal printed objects.
You will be responsible for delivering high quality code, with a focus on simplicity, performance and maintainability.
You will be working in a team that consists of software, toolpathing and process experts that are working in a SCRUM framework.
When you are not developing new solutions, you will use your expertise to solve CAD/CAM challenges for our internal and external users.
MX3D is an ambitious scale-up that revolutionized large-scale 3D metal printing.
We brought WAAM (Robotic Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing) and its market to life and made 3D metal printing more flexible, faster, and cheaper. MX3D became the innovation leader in 3D metal printing by presenting its jaw-dropping 12 meters long fully functional 3D printed stainless steel pedestrian bridge.
· 2+ years professional experience in scripting for Grasshopper / Rhino
· Experience with custom coding for 3D objects
· Coding skills in Rhinocommon, Python or C++
· Good communication skills in English
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in Industrial Design / Computational design / Architecture / Computer Sciences or comparable.
Architectural or BIM skills, or skills in other CAD systems are not relevant for this vacancy.
The following is a plus:
· Experience with computational geometrical libraries (i.e. cgal)
· Experience with three.js or other 3D rendering libraries
· Experience with large scale additive manufacturing
· Experience with robotic fabrication (ABB / KUKA / …)
· Familiarity working in a scrum team with version control
What we offer:
· Work at a lively research & development (& design) company in Amsterdam
· Knowledgeable colleagues across a variety of disciplines
· A dynamic and creative environment
Please only apply if you meet all the required skills. Send us your CV, motivation, and relevant previous projects to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Computational Developer" + your name.