Floryn / 's-Hertogenbosch (NL)Apply on site
As an a Data Analyst you will help us to make better use of the data we collect and make sure we deliver the best product as possible to our customers. Being a Data Analyst at Floryn means you are a healthy mix between an entrepreneur and data analyst. You should be interested in how the business operates, what makes the machine tick, but also how you can leverage technology to gain insight into this. You will work closely with the Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams.
We have a lot of interesting data on customer behaviour, marketing channels, sales and CRM, loan administration, company financials and machine learning models. We use Looker for our BI stack, so you can re-use your definitions across reports, no more copy/pasting SQL queries! We like simple visualisations and dashboards that can actually tell a story.
What you'll be doing
* Writing and automating data models in Looker and DBT, create clear definitions that can be used by business users in dashboards and reports.
* Build and manage dashboards, reports, scorecards, and other analytical services with visualizations that can tell a story.
* Collaborate across all our teams to understand business questions that data can answer.
* Build processes and standards that enable teams to become more self-sufficient in creating their own reports.
* Raise questions of your own when you look at the data, we expect you to take initiative and come up with new insights about our business
Floryn is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Netherlands. We aim to be the most responsible, scalable and customer-friendly online lender in Europe. We've lent out over € 200 million since inception (2016) and have processed over € 2 billion in transaction volume. We're located in a monumental building in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch that also houses the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS). We are with around 50 people, split over Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales.
The technology that we build plays an essential role in everything we do, so we work with a fully in-house development team. Building great stuff is what drives us and quality always comes first. Our technology has a major impact on businesses and people. Our organisation is flat and communication lines are short, so we can move quickly. We don't have code monkeys. Instead, we give you a problem and trust you will come up with an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 70-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds. We do things our own way, we ship code every day and we take pride in our work.
* Expert SQL and data modelling skills
* Experience in business analytics and BI tools.
* Experience with Looker is a plus, willingness to learn is most important!
* Strong presentation skills, being able to author and present insights to the leadership team and internal teams
* Basic knowledge of statistics applied to business analytics (forecasting, segmentation, A/B testing, predictive modeling, etc.)
* Knowledge of database architecture, PostgreSQL, ETL/data preparation tools, APIs, data science and machine learning technologies a plus
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering or related areas). Master's degree a plus
Conditions and benefits
* Good salary, pension contribution and 25 days paid time off.
* Daily 'bourgondische' lunch at the office.
* Generous budget to develop yourself with books, courses and conferences.
* MacBook Pro and all high-end gear that you need.
* Many team activities, from drinks to sporting events.
* Travel comfortably by first-class rail or €0,19/km and parking.
* Work from home or from the office, whatever suits you.