Tiqets / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Tiqets is looking for an experienced and versatile Data leader to help usher us into the next stage of our growth. Over the last few years we've built a robust Data foundation within the company, and now we're looking for someone to help accelerate our Data journey.
In this role, you will manage and grow the Data Analytics and Data Science functions within Tiqets. This is both a strategic and technical role. You'll spend a lot of your time collaborating with stakeholders from across the company, while also working closely with the Data Science and Data Analytics teams to discuss business challenges and technical solutions.
Everyday we make thousands of data-enabled decisions at Tiqets - some of these decisions are made by humans and others by machines. In this role you will be responsible for improving the quality (and quantity) of these decisions, by ensuring that the teams are spending time on the most important problems and delivering value to the business.
* Manage and grow two teams consisting of 5+ Data Analysts & 3+ Data Scientists
* Support the Team Leads in defining the strategic and technical roadmap for Data Analytics and Data Science within the company, and translate that into quarterly OKRs
* Structure the teams to align with business changes in a fast-moving environment
* Support the teams to continuously improve their ways of working (sprints, communication, meetings, etc) and eliminate blockers when necessary
* Interact regularly with the Data Engineering team to ensure that the Data infrastructure and tooling meets the needs of the Data Analytics and Data Science teams
* Work closely with the COO, Head of Product and other leaders in the company to understand their biggest challenges, and align on short/long term priorities
* Build strong relationships with the Product development teams to facilitate healthy collaboration between Data and Product
* Bring an MVP mindset to the job. Ensure that the teams break down big projects into smaller milestones and iterate
We're revolutionising the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more simply by showing their smartphones. About time, right?
* Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical education
* 8+ years of hands-on experience working in Data Analyst/Data Science/Data Engineering teams
* 2+ years of experience in managing teams/people in a fast-paced environment
* Strong analytical, written, communication and people skills
* General understanding of the "Modern Data Stack" and tools across all layers:
* Ingestion: Fivetran, Stitch, Airbyte or equivalent
* Orchestration: Airflow, Dagster, Argo or equivalent
* Storage: Redshift, Snowflake, Bigquery or equivalent
* Transformation: dbt, LookML, SQL+Python or equivalent
* Reporting: Looker, Tableau, Metabase or equivalent
* MLOps: Mlflow, Sagemaker, Databricks or equivalent
* Familiarity with using cloud computing service providers - preferably AWS
* Bias for working on practical problems that add value to the business rather than going after the next shiny new thing
* Ability to think at the technical and strategic levels, ie: seeing the bigger picture
Nice to have
* Experience in the e-commerce domain, preferably in a startup/scaleup environment
* Prior experience as a Data Engineer (or working on Data Engineering projects)
* Prior experience working on and productionizing Machine learning models
Conditions and benefits
* Be accessible: Help out, communicate honestly, and be there for each other.
* Be remarkable: Have fun, think creatively, and celebrate great moments together.
* Skip the line: Be fast, flexible, and smart; take responsibility and push forward., * Competitive salary and paid holiday leave
* Tiqets' learning academy: skill lab, group & individual learning
* Annual company getaway to undisclosed location
* Sports activities: free gym, running sessions, boot-camp, football, climbing and more
* Fun, sociable company events in and out of the office
* Friday drinks
* Summer party
* 20% employee discount code to explore great museums/venues worldwide
* Pension contribution and travel compensation
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets will receive a monthly internet allowance for working from home
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets can reimburse home work space necessities