Data Engineer Manager
Dashmote / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Data Engineer you will participate in the development of Dashmote's new generation of data pipelines, responsible for shaping data from multiple sources, operating ML models and delivering insights to our BI product. You will be part of the Data Product team whose purpose is to ensure that our data goes from beginning to end while complying with quality standards and guaranteeing that the necessary infrastructure is built underneath.
The Product Department consists of Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts collaborating together from cities like Amsterdam and Shanghai (or currently from home). Dashmote's main goal is to provide a fully automated data & analytics solution for clients to help them to win more business on a global scale.
* Develop Python components that support the team in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader. Participate in designing, implementation and troubleshooting of our data products.
* Build the required infrastructure to support the team's production jobs and development initiatives using AWS technologies.
* Sharing knowledge through code review, presenting, and training.
* Lead a team consisting of data engineer & software engineers
* Responsible to plan, coordinate and oversee the technical and engineering activities
Dashmote is a start-up focusing on the next generation of data products powered by AI technology, with Offices in Amsterdam (HQ) and Shanghai. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing our enterprise clients to understand the market and make smarter decisions.
With about 60 employees, Dashmote has ambitious plans in the upcoming years and therefore we need to make sure that we have the right people in place to put such plans into practice. Do you want to boost your career by contributing to Dashmote's core product, used by some of the biggest multinational companies? Then we're looking for you!
* Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
* 2-5 years of relevant data engineering experience.
* Experience with Python, AWS, and container technologies (Docker).
* Good understanding of (non-)relational databases, and data warehousing concepts.
* Exposure to devops environments with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.) and infrastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.);
* Work experience of spark and Airflow strongly preferred
* Full time availability.
* Proficiency in English.
Conditions and benefits
* Great office location right in the city centre of Shanghai (near Jiangsu Rd Metro Station, in between Zhongshan Park and Jing'an Temple)
* Dashmote Flex: work from home days + unlimited holiday policy
* Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of fun team events, gatherings and snacks at the office
* Working within an international team of around 60 people that truly value your contribution
* An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level