Data Engineer | ORTEC
ORTEC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As Medior Data Engineer you design, build and work on our brand new data & analytics (DnA) platform to continuously support and advice our customers on improving their bottom-line based on data-driven decision support within their supply chain, financial services, travel and more.
Simply pursuing a successful business is no longer enough nowadays. Positive contributions to the planet and society at large are more important every day. At ORTEC our drive is to help our customers to use their data in a smart way to be more efficient, adaptive and sustainable. How nice would it be to have an inspiring job in an innovative industry and contribute to a better world? Well, this is your chance!
As a Medior Data Engineer at ORTEC you know how to build data pipelines (ETL), design (cloud) architectures and put reporting & machine learning models into production. You mainly work on the Microsoft Azure platform and several other technologies and platforms.
As we believe it is very important to stay ahead of the latest technology, knowledge sharing is very important to us. As a data engineer you play a role in the research and assessment of the latest technologies and platforms, discuss them with and learn from your team members on several topics. When needed you share data engineering principles with ORTEC implementation consultants.
You are part of the data & analytics development team of ten, based in the Netherlands. We love technology and we love to make a difference for our customers. We have daily stand-ups, using the agile/scrum methodology and work as a team in a hybrid mode: a few days in the office, others days from home while having regular team meetings and some (online) social events as well.
In short: developing a great new platform today to support our customers tomorrow, together with a great engineering team.
Who are you
Working together in a multidisciplinary team in an Agile development environment with a product owner, analysts and data scientists to build the most advanced data analytics solutions is your second nature. You are inquisitive, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and know-how and you are eager to continuously develop yourself while developing, maintaining and supporting our data & analytics related products and services.
What we offer
* We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
* Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
* Join our company and improve the world
* Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
* Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
* Year-end bonus equal to a full month's pay
* NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it's your choice
* 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
* Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
* Football table, our own bar the "ORtap", Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders' home, and much more
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients' experiences. Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
* You have at least 2 years' experience as Data Engineer and/or Business Intelligence Developer in medium and/or large sized organizations.
* Security, compliance, performance and scalability is the base your work from
* You have experience on the Microsoft Azure platform and have worked with one or more tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure ML and Azure Data lake Storage
* You have some programming skills and experience with languages like Python and Scala or open to learn them
* You've worked with CI/CD (like Azure DevOps) and versioning control systems
* You are currently living in the Netherlands and able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing). It's a big plus when you have at least basic proficiency in Dutch.
* Experience with Power BI and the DAX language is a pré, as is dimensional modeling and setting up cloud environments via infrastructure-as-code
* You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or comparable