Dealroom / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Design and build complex data processing services and ETL pipelines
* Integrate our tools into seamless and efficient processes
* Help building our data platform serving variety of applications and users
* Help growing our team by providing mentoring and promoting standards and good practices
What we can offer you
* Competitive salary
* Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
* Positive, empathic and outward-focused colleagues, and customers working at the forefront of innovation and technology
* Perks designed to set you up for success in a new reality:
* Home office set up (desk, chair, monitor, etc.)
* Flexible working hours
* Apple or Windows laptop
+ Take your birthday off
+ Daily office lunch
+ Travel reimbursement
+ Employee Stock Units plan
+ Learning & Development budget
+ Health & well-being initiatives
* More to come!
The rapid growth of Dealroom.co requires an ambitious and diligent candidate eager to take their career to the next level. Over time Dealroom has built a reputation for high-quality content and driving headlines at The Economist, Financial Times, The New York Times, and other leading titles. We are ready for the next phase and we cannot do it without having the right person in the role of Senior Data Engineer.
As Senior Data Engineer, and one of the key experts in the scaling process of our Data Engineering team, you will have the freedom to develop and own data components and to design our next generation data infrastructure.
We are planning to double in the upcoming year, growing to a 25 people data team, consisting of data scientists, AI and data engineers. You can be involved in growing our team and have an impact on who will be your future colleagues and help them grow by sharing your knowledge.
You'll work closely with our Data Engineering Lead and Head of Data and AI. As Senior Data Engineer within the data team, you will be focussing on building and managing end-to-end data pipelines for delivery of high-quality data internally and to our clients and partners.
What we think you might especially enjoy when joining Dealroom:
* In the right spot, at the right time. We're in a great phase where you will have a huge impact on our evolving data infrastructure by delivering scalable data pipelines and optimized data processes. You will have the freedom to discover and create
* You're at the center of the ecosystem. We believe that you will naturally relate and enjoy working with the type of data we are dealing with, the subject itself and the data sector
* 30+ Nationalities, and counting. At Dealroom, we are happy to be a team of 70 while having 30 different nationalities! At the same time we believe you would find many like-minded people and perhaps feel in your natural habitat as we are actually operating in a data industry developing a data-focused product and all being quite on a 'nerdy side' ;)
* This will be one hell of a ride! We have just secured another fundraise recently, further investing in our team and doubling our data engineering team in the upcoming year!, Dealroom is a leading global provider of data and intelligence on startups and ecosystems.
Dealroom's mission is to accelerate entrepreneurship & innovation through data transparency.
With our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and an international team of 70 employees, we are ready for the next phase.
Today, Dealroom already has a well-recognized brand in the startup ecosystem, and clients located across four continents.
In the next phase, we want to become a globally leading data provider for our three core segments: VC, enterprise, and government.
Our passion for startups, scale-ups, and innovation lives in our work.
The team is ambitious, diligent, and proactive, but with a strong sense of fun, as seen at weekly team drinks! We continuously strive to live our values.
While we do have a spacious office in Amsterdam, we also support the possibility of working remotely and provide the necessary equipment and resources to set you up for success in a hybrid work environment.
If you are focused, hungry and creative, with a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, please read further!, * Minimum 4 years of experience designing and developing data applications
* Expert knowledge of SQL and Python
* Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
* Cloud experience (preferably GCP)
* Experience with microservices and distributed systems
* Experience with modern data processing tools (Spark, Beam, Kafka and/or similar)
* Experience with automated deployment and CI/CD pipelines
* Ability to lead multiple initiatives in a rapid environment
* Good communication skills
Nice to have?
* Experience with processing large volumes of data
* Experience in designing and building ML pipelines
* Knowledge of other programming languages (Go, Java, Scala, etc.)