Starred / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Build a solid, robust and scalable data foundation to be used for management reporting, customer insights and advanced analytics.
* Design, implement, and continuously expand ELT/ETL processes from a wide variety of data sources using best practices while working with other R&D teams.
* Work on automating/improving existing data sets, ETL pipelines.
* Study query execution plans and optimise performance leveraging cloud distributed technology.
* Work together with the Data Analyst to understand the needs of business users, gather requirements and deliver the datasets.
* Roll out Machine Learning algorithms to production.
Starred is the category-leading solution to measure and analyse Candidate Experience. Our clients are innovative companies hiring at scale all over the world. We work with innovative brands across a wide spectrum of industries, from Elastic to Robinhood, and Twilio to Crunchbase.
We build, maintain and innovate the Starred platform. As part of Starred's mission by Improving People's Working Life by Giving Them a Voice we are focused on creating sustainable value for our clients through collaborative R&D with the Product team. We're on track to grow the platform to enterprise level, and to get there we need A players on top of their game, who value transparency and honesty. You'll play a vital role in building a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) analytics environment which is known for its teamwork, technology, innovation, tight processes, and speed., * Experience working with AWS (especially S3 , EMR, Redshift and Lambda)
* Experience querying data from databases using SQL
* Experience working with big data technologies - Spark
* Experience programming and doing data analysis and data science using Python
Nice to have
* Knowledge of and experience with Docker (Compose)
* Knowledge of and experience with AWS ECS or Kubernetes is a plus
* Knowledge of and experience with column-oriented data storage formats (ORC, Parquet) or Presto/Athena is a plus
* Machine learning knowledge
* Experience working with BI tools (Looker / Domo / Tableau etc.)
* Comfortable with Devops and CI/CD process with tools like Jenkins/AWS CodePipeline and AWS CloudFormation (Infrastructure as code)
* Experience with streaming technologies like Kafka or Kinesis, * Delivering high quality products by following data principles.
* Team player who is proactive about problem solving and brings a positive attitude to get things done.
* Able to make decisions and prioritise tasks keeping in mind urgency and need of the business.
Conditions and benefits
At Starred we really believe flexibility goes both ways. We expect a lot from our team, so we give a lot back. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
* Ownership: We believe true engagement happens when you have both functional and financial ownership. You'll have every opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing scale-up and receive Starred stock options.
* Investment in your development: Individual learning and development trajectories are set with your manager. Whether it's a course or a conference: if it's going to help you do your job better than Starred is onboard. We have an unlimited books budget.
* A hybrid working situation, we love building together and therefor we require you to be at our office 2 days per week.
* A great office and team culture in the heart of Amsterdam's scale-up scene.