Tiqets / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Tiqets is positioned for explosive growth in the post-pandemic world, and we're looking for Data Engineers to help us scale our Data Platform for the future. As a Data Engineer you will be involved in designing and building out much of the core Data Platform being used by the company. You will be working closely with Data Scientists, Analysts, Engineers as well as Product and Marketing teams to understand their needs and architect systems to solve these needs.
You're a Data Engineer with a passion for architecting resilient and reliable data systems. You obsess over data quality and operational excellence, build clean and efficient Data Pipelines, and constantly look for ways to make systems better. You see the value in being a data-driven organization.
You're curious about new technologies, both open-source and SaaS. You like to work in a fast-paced environment and iterate quickly while continuing to build for the medium and long term., * Work closely with other Data Engineers on the team to architect, build and improve our Data Platform and analytics infrastructure
* Design and implement fault-tolerant, resilient ELT/ETL pipelines using open source tools like Airflow or hosted AWS/SaaS services
* Responsible for maintaining and improving our CDC implementation based on AWS DMS
* Build monitoring tools to help meet our data quality/availability SLAs and ensure high-availability for our infrastructure
* Ability to work independently without active supervision, and take full ownership of what you build
* Support Data Scientists and Data Analysts on the team to productionize their workflows, following the MLOPs practices.
We're revolutionising the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions all over the world. Our technology lets users easily book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks, and more faster than ever.
* Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, or other relevant technical education.
* 2+ years experience working as an Engineer on data-intensive applications, architecting large-scale production systems
* Substantial experience with Python and other scripting languages with a track record of writing clean, efficient code
* Experience using core Data Engineering technologies like Airflow and DBT
* Reasonable understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, as well as Data Warehousing technologies like Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
* Sound understanding of SQL fundamentals and past experience with data warehousing, data modeling and schema design
* DevOps mindset; experience deploying applications using technologies like Kubernetes and Docker on AWS
* Living in the Netherlands/EU
Nice to Have Experience
* AWS services like Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Athena
* Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau, Data Studio
* Machine Learning technologies like AWS Sagemaker and MLflow
* Databricks and/or Apache Spark experience
* SaaS tools like Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Snowplow
* Experience with event pipelines and real-time streaming use cases
* Experience in the e-commerce domain
Conditions and benefits
* Be accessible: Help out, communicate honestly, and be there for each other.
* Be remarkable: Have fun, think creatively, and celebrate great moments together.
* Skip the line: Be fast, flexible, and smart; take responsibility and push forward., * Bright, welcoming office located in the centre of Amsterdam
* Opportunity to make an impact in the fastest growing tech scale-up
* 20% personal Tiqets discount code to explore great museums/venues worldwide
* Our well-known annual ski trip
* Collective health insurance
* Tiqets learning academy: skill lab, group & individual learning
* Tuesday's Pizza & beer sessions
* Friday drinks
* Visa sponsorship
* Summer party
* Competitive salary and paid holiday leave
* Sports activities: free gym, running sessions, boot-camp, football, climbing and more
* Pension scheme and travel compensation
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets will receive a monthly internet allowance for working from home
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets can reimburse home work space necessities
* Hybrid working model