Data Platform Engineer
Yolt / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
At Yolt we foster the startup culture where we work hard, have a lot of fun and deliver great products in a short time. This requires a team of highly ambitious and enthusiastic people who don't shy away from a challenge. A team that is focused on working together, helping each other out and who are always looking for new ideas and opportunities to improve what we have and build on it.
Our platform is running on AWS and is using all the latest and greatest AWS has to offer. Challenges such as AWS services, security implementation, data processing and data science pipelines excite you. Python, Spark, airflow, DBT and jupyter notebooks have no secrets for you and you are the go-to person when it comes to AWS platform services like Athena, Sagemaker, S3, Glue and KMS. But foremost, you are able to write clean, correct, efficient and maintainable code to setup lean and scalable processes.
You have affinity with machine learning and data engineering and actively liaise with Machine Learning and Data Engineers, to improve and enhance our data platform. Building on your knowledge and experience, you setup and tailor the data loads, related processes and monitor data quality to cater for performant and high value models.
Because our customers trust us with confidential information, you align with our security officers and SRE team to ensure our customers data is safe and used in an anonymized way where needed. You work closely together with the PO to fit new ideas and improvements in our data strategy and set priorities. Together we decide on the direction and focus that brings maximal value.
You are part of the Backend Engineering Chapter. Within the chapter, we build a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning, facilitating you to keep abreast of the latest developments in the field. You advise on the adoption of new tools and frameworks. To get inspired and expand your network, you attend meetups and conferences and stay up to date with new AWS products and improvements that enables our team to build data products that help Yolt users to maximize the power of open banking data.
Are you getting excited yet? We're looking forward to meet you and discuss this more in detail.
Yolt is the leading open banking provider in Europe, building, managing, and maintaining AIS and PIS connections for top financial institutions and ambitious tech businesses. In January 2018, we became the first-ever Third-Party Provider to successfully make an open banking API call. Just over three years later, we have now made more than 2 billion API calls.
Do you jump out of bed in the morning with your head filled with ideas how to improve and extend the data platform? Or are you the kind of person who wakes us slowly, over a great cup of hand brewed, complex blend coffee, while pondering how to design and process the data to feed into intelligent, machine learning models? Either way, we are happy to meet you., * A proven track record in delivering production-grade data-driven applications
* Good social and communication skills
* A solid technical background e.g. a degree in the field of software engineering
* Experience with microservices architectures and (part of) the Yolt tech stack: Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes
* Experience with Python, Spark, airflow, DBT and jupyter notebooks
* Experience with AWS services such as Athena, Sagemaker, S3, Glue and KMS
* Proficient English speaking and writing skills
* An open and proactive mindset to identify needs and improvements
Conditions and benefits
* A challenging and diverse job, with the potential to keep developing yourself
* Work with impact on a real product, helping real people and businesses
* Learn from and work together with other experienced data and backend engineers
* A start-up environment that is highly inspiring, informal and entrepreneurial, with freedom and ample room for initiatives
* Work with the latest cloud and streaming data technologies
* Competitive salary and benefits