Connecterra / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Data Scientist at Connecterra, you will work in a team of talented and motivated people, where you will own a set of ML models and have autonomy to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the features we offer to our customers. We really want to do something significant that has a positive contribution to the world, and with us you will directly make a real-world impact on dairy farms across several continents., * You will own the DS-side of some of Ida's features running in production.
* You will collaborate with the Product and Customer Success teams to spot and prioritize customer pains and improvement possibilities for your models.
* You will train, test, deploy and monitor models of your ownership in production.
* You will identify, discuss and implement best practices around data and models with the rest of the Data Science team.
Connecterra is a diverse team of pioneers working to solve one of the hardest challenges the planet faces today: Agriculture Efficiency. We are the proud inventors of Ida, a digital assistant for farmers that uses data and machine learning to help support farmers and their stakeholders improve farm efficiency.
Ida has demonstrated that she can help improve productivity by over 20% and is growing rapidly.. Learn more about Ida here.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, we operate in 18 countries globally. Check out our press coverage and Ida growth track record.
We seek only the best and brightest who have a hunger to excel in their craft and will make a positive & unique addition to our culture and team. Your attitude and commitment to working as a part of this team to come up with new ideas, solve problems and deliver results is what matters most to us.
Our team is highly motivated, engaging, fun and supportive. We work as a team but hold each other accountable to our responsibilities.
We offer you a platform to do the best work of your life, be involved with an interesting product and part of a unique, diverse and collaborative environment, your genuine desire to be an integral part of our mission means a lot to us., * Prior work experience running streaming Machine Learning models in a production environment.
* Prior work experience with Azure is a plus, but not a hard requirement.
* Solid knowledge of Python and TensorFlow.
* Some knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus, but not a hard requirement
* Solid knowledge of the practical usage of both Artificial Neural Networks and more basic Machine Learning approaches.
* Fluency in English (the working language in our team); strong collaboration and communication skills.
* An innate attention to detail that allows you to identify issues effectively and spot trends across them.
* A natural proactivity in resolving blockers that involve cross-team interdependencies.
Conditions and benefits
Every day we work hard on making the world a better place, thus the happiness and well-being of our team members is important to us. We currently offer the following:
* A diverse, open minded, international and creative working environment where all are welcome
* Competitive package
* Hybrid Working Environment - work in the office or at home however it suits you
* Flexible working hours and vacation policy - we trust you and your time is yours to own. Work in an environment and on a schedule that suits you and your team best & enjoy unlimited holiday days
* Monthly Wellbeing Allowance - to be put towards gym membership, health insurance, whatever you like
* Working From Home Allowance - additional monthly allowance to go towards WFH costs
* Quarterly company-wide Selfie Day - take a day on us to relax, do what you need to do to stay mentally healthy!
* The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up - we welcome your voice & input
As we grow as a company this list will also grow.