Mapiq / Delft (NL)Apply on site
As a key member of the Data team you'll be responsible for developing new machine learning models for our suggestion engine and visualize new insights in our analytics platform. Where there is data, you'll be involved to use that to smartly assist our customers and stay ahead of the competition. Your daily tasks will include:
* Analyze, review and interpret complex data through the development of case studies, enabling the data to tell a story
* Build and maintain production-ready machine-learning models for our suggestion engine on our Azure cloud environment
* Be a storyteller to explain the 'why and how' of your data-driven recommendations to cross-functional teams and business owners
* Work on the business intelligence reports (PowerBI)
At Mapiq, we create workplace experience software solutions dedicated to making offices smarter, happier, and more sustainable. Our innovative workplace technology provides companies around the globe with the tools they need to foster creative and collaborative hybrid working. We are rapidly growing and always on the lookout for ambitious individuals who will bring their ideas, background, and culture to the Mapiq team.
We try to keep it realistic, but if we must describe our perfect candidate, it would be someone with 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, who understands Mapiq's mission to build great places to work.
Next to that you:
* Are experienced in working with version management software (git)
* Experienced in working on cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure and Databricks are big plus)
* Hands-on experience of working with Python (e.g. TensorFlow, scikit-learn, NumPy, pandas, XGBOOST)
* Are analytical, accurate and structured, you can see projects through from start to completion
* Experience with Spark/PySpark is a big plus
* Experience with MLOps lifecycle principles; working experience with MLFlow is a big plus.
* Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics or any other relevant beta studies
* Experience with building on business intelligence software: Power BI (or similar like Tableau)
* You are fluent in English, some Dutch would be great
It would be even better if you can include some of the skills below:
* Experience working with Data Lakehouse platforms such as DeltaTables, DeltaLiveTables
* Comfortable with DevOps practices (Git, CI/CD, Azure DevOps or similar)
* Knowledge of Restful APIs and microservices
Conditions and benefits
* The freedom to implement your own ideas in our product
* The flexibility of a hybrid working environment: work remotely as much as you want, and come to the office whenever you like to meet your team or visit the gym!
* We think work is about reaching goals and developing yourself professionally and personally. We care about your well-being and offer free mental health support.
* We have 100+ employees who have built a strong community of board game enthusiasts, sports fanatics, coffee lovers, and more! Be yourself and have fun!
* Competitive pay: to us, that means that we pay you what seems fair to us, based on your current experience and skills. We'll discuss salary with you during our first interaction to ensure you know what to expect.
* Please let us know if you think specific tools or devices should be part of your job offer. We will also provide you with €300 reimbursement to improve your home office, so you'll always be comfortable!
* And of course, we provide a pension plan, 25 vacation days, and travel reimbursement.