NICO.LAB / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
You will be responsible for developing new features and new platform level capabilities. You will be working on integration initiatives and through your work on these projects you will get exposure to a wider organization. You will collaborate with other teams to improve the reliability and observability of the system, as well as play your part in the design and planning of our hybrid cloud architecture. You may expect to be working on security related topics as well as cloud and hybrid cloud solutions, and all that while being part of an Agile and international team.
1. When a patient with stroke symptoms arrives at a hospital, the patient's brain is scanned and uploaded into our cloud.
2. We immediately run AI algorithms detecting stroke location (if any) and type.
3. The result is uploaded back into the hospital, displayed in our mobile applications and web interface.
* Performance: every saved minute of processing saves one month of the patient's life.
* Accuracy: AI analysis results can affect what treatment the patient will get if any.
* Reliability: human lives depend on our product, so it must be always accessible and every result must be reproducible.
* Compliance: our product is a medical device, and so it must comply with a lot of regulations., 3. Everything you need for work. Laptop, monitor, desk, you name it.
4. Small team. About 30 people in the company and just about 10 out of them are engineers. Easy to make an impact, no bureaucracy, no struggles between teams.
5. Open for experiments. We're always looking for new ways to make the product better, and if you have ideas you'd like to validate, we'll give you the time and resources you need.
6. The best place to learn new things. We discuss new publications in the field, try new technologies, visit meetups together, give you 4 hours per week to let you learn new technologies.
7. Learning budget. We allocate up to € 1000 per year for every engineer to spend on conferences, courses, books etc.
8. No boundaries on your role. Want to try Machine Learning? Frontend development? E2E tests automation? Designing architecture? Sure! We hire you as a DevOps engineer but you can try other roles, and we will support you in it.
9. Friendly environment. We're friends, we like to cook together, play
We believe the combination of artificial and human intelligence will revolutionize emergency care and we work each day to make that happen. Founded in 2015 as a spin-off from the Amsterdam University Medical Center, our research background continues to drive our way of thinking. We have a diverse team from all corners of the world, composed of researchers, developers and experienced medical specialists who ensure our product and services match our clients' needs. We're first tackling the major issue of stroke, the leading cause of life-long disability, where we will ensure every patient gets the right treatment in time. Watch more here.
* Keep tests reliable, atomic, fast, and reproducible.
* Refactoring should be safe and easy.
* Problem-solving attitude.
* Collaborative team spirit., * CI/CD principles and tools.
* Cloud Engineering
* Terraform, kubernetes
Conditions and benefits
1. Salary € 55.000 - € 85.000, including 8% holiday pay and pension contribution. Are you worth more? Sure, let's talk!