Spectral / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for a talented DevOps engineer to help us scale up the management of our growing fleet of IoT (Linux) gateways and cloud software to support them. In collaboration with the broader technical team, the role will involve hands-on work on automating the provisioning and installation of the gateways, OTA updates, configuration management, monitoring, networks, security.
Our infrastructure stack:
* Google Cloud Platform / Google Kubernetes Engine
* Influx DB
* GitLab Pipelines
* Linux / Debian
We have 3 categories of gateway:
* Low power - PCB-like computers, similar to Raspberry Pi with a single-core CPU and 1GB or less of RAM
* Mid power - custom made industrial computers with SSDs, 2-4 core CPUs, and 4-8 GBs RAM
* High power - big servers with 4+ cores and 16+ GB of RAM that usually go into classic server racks
Our OS of choice is Debian for all categories. The software running on each gateway depends on the customer/project requirements. The development teams primarily work with C# and Go. We also manage a growing number of deployments on Google Kubernetes Engine through Helm charts.
Reporting to: Software Team Lead
Team size: 2
Are you interested in bringing your talent and enthusiasm to help drive the energy transition? We are a system integration and smart energy services company in Amsterdam, looking for a full-time IoT DevOps Engineer. Someone with 5+ years of relevant professional work experience and with IoT gateway management and monitoring experience., You should be passionate about supporting software teams and software products by building out and maintaining high-quality processes and automated solutions. You must have high attention to detail, apply critical thinking to problem-solving and be able to view systems and processes at abstract levels while being comfortable with technical details.
You should have a high degree of familiarity with managing remote Linux machines at scale (throughout the whole stack, from OS to software installation and configuration deployment) and managing cloud workloads and deployments. We expect you to understand the tradeoffs between taking different approaches to solve problems in this space and articulate your opinion on why one should be chosen above the other.
* 5+ years of relevant professional work experience
* Operational experience with IoT gateway management and monitoring
* Exposure to a wide range of infrastructure and operational technologies and processes
* Familiarity with Google Cloud, Azure, or AWS
* Should be familiar with incident, problem and change management processes
* Troubleshooting linux systems and networks
* Familiarity with CI/CD practices and tools
* Fluent in English
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform
* Experience working with networks
* Practical experience with VPNs and network security
* Experience with or knowledge of C#
* Experience with managing Windows servers
Any questions? Contact us here: email@example.com