EMEA Perimeter Security Engineer
PwC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Operating on a local, regional and global scale, Network Information Security (NIS) is responsible for the definition of our security strategy to hands on execution of our global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from predominantly local to centralised services. Global Technology is responsible for driving the adoption and operation of global IT services across the organisation., If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your cyber security and technology skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS and PwC Technology will empower you to do so.
In order to execute against the PwC Technology and NIS agenda, the team is structured into the following Pillars:
* Chief Technology Risk Office (CTRO)
* Business Change Technology and Security (BCTS)
* Chief Technology Office (CTO)
* Technology and Security Operations (TSO)
* Chief Admin Office (CAO)
* Office of the Chief Information Technology Officer (OCITO)
NIS and PwC Technology are building the first global cyber security and technology function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients.
What does your work look like?
The Network Operations team focuses on operational engineering activities across the suite of security tools managed in the NIS central service environment. The core areas of focus for Perimeter Security are Firewalls (Cloud, Physical, Virtual, WAF), Proxies, IPS, and VPN. This includes Major Incident Response and Resolution, tuning and maintaining solutions, providing mentoring to junior staff, improving security posture, operational projects, and overall operational process improvement.
Your skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Troubleshooting and resolution of complex network security incidents, to include packet capture and analysis, log review, and critical thinking;
* Solving technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing;
* Managing Documentation for perimeter security environments;
* Developing global standards for Palo Alto technologies;
* Navigating a matrix organization and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets;
* Leveraging facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer's perspective as well as the enterprise's perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives;
* Collaborating with design and build engineering teams to ensure maximum capability of security solutions are achieved in the run state., * Many training and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development;
* An appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits. These benefits include a 'well-being budget'. This is a personal yearly budget of €750,- that you can spend on your health, e.g., mindfulness, sports, lifestyle coaching, a second screen for your home office and noise cancelling headphones;
* Monthly internet allowance;
* A lease car or car allowance, laptop and an iPhone;
* 32 holiday days per year;
* Informal and interesting (virtual) events with colleagues.
* At least 4 years of information security and/or IT management;
* Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree;
* Experience with Palo Alto Networks, including experience building, deploying, configuring and managing firewalls in an enterprise level environment with 50+ firewalls;
* Possessing knowledge of Azure NSG, Load Balancer, UDR configuration and troubleshooting;
* Knowledge of networking and firewalls;
* Ideally you have a PCNSE or are willing to work towards one;
* Stakeholder management skills and the ability to set expectations and respond to business needs in a complex high-pressure environment;
* Understanding security technology operational industry standards;
* Demonstrating relationship skills that foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for stakeholders and team members.
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Apply directly by clicking the button. We would like to receive your resume and cover letter. In addition, be aware that performing an assessment can be part of the application process. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact our Recruiter Ollie Brown email@example.com.