Front-end Developer (React) | ORTEC
ORTEC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for a Front-end Developer who masters React! As a Front-End Software Engineer, you are developing the user interface of a new developed supply chain optimization platform in close collaboration with one of our clients in the Energy industry and an ORTEC project team.
The platform is built from scratch in an Agile environment, and the front-end is developed in React. You work together with data scientists and optimization experts to gather requirements and translating them into tasks and a successful implementation.
Who are you
You are inquisitive, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and know-how and you are eager to continuously develop yourself.
You apply previously gained knowledge in the creation of a groundbreaking solution for our customer. You are able to explain your technical approach in an easy-to-understand language which both your team and the client will effortlessly understand. You are eager to understand the various requirements and needs of stakeholders and translate those into the right solution.
You are eager to learn, take the stage and dare to think big. We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees embracing diversity. We are looking for a unique individual that will strengthen our collective.
* We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
* Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
* Join our company and improve the world
* Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
* Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
* Year-end bonus equal to a full month's pay
* NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it's your choice
* 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
* Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
* We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and when possible, offline events will be common practice as well again
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients' experiences. Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
* Holding a Bachelor's or Master's in Information Technology or comparable, or a web development education from another institute or organization
* Extensive experience with State Management (Redux or alternatives, Mobx, Flux).
* Minimum 3-5 year experience as a software engineer building Frontend solutions, working in React for at least 2 years
* CI/CD (Azure DevOps), Git(Flow) & Docker is a pre
* Comfortable with handling high complexity
* Able to communicate fluently in English, both spoken and written. It's a big plus when you have at least basic proficiency in Dutch.
* Happy to work with the customer on site
* Understanding of design patterns and latest trends in UX;
* Willing to develop yourself continuously
* Conscientious in staying abreast of new developments
* Inquisitive, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and know-how
* Passionate about IT - it's not just your job, it's your true calling