Tiqets / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
You'll be working on our Web platform and contribute to how our customers and partners experience Tiqets.com. You will make sure the main website is fast, especially on mobile devices. You'll keep the codebase clean and maintainable.
We believe that development is a people-oriented process. You'll work closely with the product owner, designer and back-end engineers of your team. We work in an agile way, learning from the needs of our customers and partners, and adapting to them.
Here are some real examples of the work we've done lately that might help you get an idea of what you'd do:
* Build a new checkout flow.
* Build and maintain a library of components to be used across different applications and domains.
* Plan and execute a migration of the monolithic codebase to a front-end monorepo with Nx.
* Implement a new payment flow, to comply with the new PSD2 mandate
* Plan and implement A/B tests
* Keep a technical debt backlog, and ensure it's paid
* Work with the operations team to create new pipelines in Gitlab CI for our front-end
* Upgrade our accessibility & performance by improving important metrics with the help of lighthouse.
Tiqets is constantly modernising. So here are some examples of things you might do in the near future:
* Build new stand-alone front-ends with Remix while also making sure shared features work on our monolithic platform.
* Create a datadog dashboard to monitor the errors & performance for your newly created front-end.
This is a sample of what we do, but we don't have all the answers. Your experience and background will join ours and shape the tasks that you'll handle
We are revolutionising the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions all over the world. Our technology lets users easily book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks, and more faster than ever.
We are an international company committed to making culture accessible to our customers and our employees. We embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into our company fiber organically.
These values are promoted from the inside out and we strive to represent and honor differences in gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation in our company culture, content, and product.
We're looking for someone with good technical skills and experience in e-commerce products. You understand that development is about picking the right tradeoffs, and not about building the perfect system.
* You take ownership of your tasks. You'll become an expert in the area you work on, and will share your knowledge and your lessons learned with the rest of the team.
* You bring your ideas and challenge ours, knowing we all have the same goal: build a great product together. We want team members to grow together and learn from each other. We support each other and hold each other accountable.
* Our front-end stack is Typescript, React, Redux and Sass. Our back-end is Flask and Django. We expect you to have experience with at least some of the technologies we use - and be willing to learn the rest.
* You have at least 5 years professional engineering experience, possibly having led a team as well.
* You've developed for different platforms and device sizes. Most of our traffic is mobile. Performance and ease of use is very important for us, and for you.
* Living in the Netherlands/EU (Hybrid)
Conditions and benefits
* Be accessible: Help out, communicate honestly, and be there for each other.
* Be remarkable: Have fun, think creatively, and celebrate great moments together.
* Skip the line: Be fast, flexible, and smart; take responsibility and push forward., * Bright, welcoming office located in the centre of Amsterdam
* Opportunity to make an impact in the fastest growing tech scale-up
* 20% personal Tiqets discount code to explore great museums/venues worldwide
* Our well-known annual ski trip
* Tiqets learning academy: skill lab, group & individual learning
* Tuesday's Pizza & beer sessions
* Friday drinks
* Visa sponsorship
* Summer party
* Competitive salary and paid holiday leave
* Sports activities: free gym, running sessions, boot-camp, football, climbing and more
* Pension scheme and travel compensation
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets will receive a monthly internet allowance for working from home
* Everyone - employed at Tiqets can reimburse home work space necessities
* Hybrid working model