Full-Stack Software Engineer Health | ORTEC
ORTEC / Groningen (NL)Apply on site
Your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge are what pulls you out of bed in the morning. You're looking for a career opportunity that allows you to prove yourself and your skills, day after day. You want your experience and capabilities to have a life-changing impact on other people. You are the Full-Stack Software Engineer we are looking for.
ORTEC Healthcare is leveraging data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and cutting-edge techniques to push the healthcare industry to the next level. We develop software applications for medical care and (bio)medical research: clinical decision-making tools, medical workflow support and applications for scientific research. These applications cover a broad area of medicine, e.g. cardiovascular medicine (most notably U-Prevent), oncology, lung disease and various other disciplines (e.g. rheumatology, pregnancy, toxicological prediction models).
The Healthcare platform has been written from scratch using modern architecture techniques like microservices, CQRS and event sourcing. We use DDD (domain-driven design) to get a thought-through domain model that closely models the business and provides us with a functional decomposition that maps to decoupled services. We use Angular and Typescript for frontend development and C# for backend development.
* We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
* Join our company and improve the world
* Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
* Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
* Year-end bonus equal to a full month's pay
* NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it's your choice
* 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
* Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
* We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and when possible, offline events will be common practice as well again.
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients' experiences.
+ designing software, e.g. know what design patterns and SOLID are
+ writing technical designs
+ front-end development: Angular, Typescript, Cypress
+ back-end development: .NET Core, C#
+ cloud development, specifically Azure cloud (e. g. services like App Service, Web Jobs, Application Insights, CosmosDB, Service Bus, Azure SQL, etc.)
* Used to working in an agile software development environment, with: code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration/deployment
* Familiar with or strong interest in Domain-driven design
* Willingness to take part in on-call duties to support our customers 24/7 (approx. 8 weeks per year). You will be generously compensated.