Full Stack software engineer
Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
The applications & integrations team is looking for a high-performing full stack developer to help us present our enormous amounts of sensor data to our clients in a fast, consistent, intuitive way and to help us reduce the carbon footprint of industrial machines (responsible for more than 40% of global electricity consumption) by improving our dedicated energy monitor. You will work in a small, dedicated team designing and implementing data structures, algorithms, interactive visualizations and user interfaces to share these insights with clients via web applications and APIs. You build these features end-to-end; you work on databases, application logic and user interfaces. Core areas you will work on as a full stack developer:
* Design, implement, test and deploy our web applications that offer actionable information about the health and performance of industrial machines
* Improve our web applications for IoT device fleet monitoring and advanced data analysis
* Further develop and scale our infrastructure and backend systems
* Gather requirements from different stakeholders
* Build functional APIs to expose our services
* Code reviews, continuous integration, automation and daily deployments
Hi, we are Samotics! With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world's largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce the global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
We are looking for a Full Stack software engineer. Are you interested in building on cutting-edge technology? Do you want to make an impact in a fast growing company? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then read on!
About the team
The software engineering team currently consists of 11 developers (5 experienced seniors, the others juniors or mediors) working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver. The applications & integrations team develops new features that provide insight into the health and performance of our customers' industrial machines, as well as supporting our partners in monitoring their fleet of IoT devices.
The development teams uses its own simple, practical, and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks. You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility. We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and very few meetings. Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack.
"When I joined the company as one of the earliest employees four years ago, we brought the minimum viable product to market in less than a year, and since then we've continuously improved and professionalized. We're in a brand-new phase every year; it's impossible to grow bored. And of course, I also like that we're continuously winning. We're a trusted industry partner now, with tangible success." - Bart Römgens, one of the Lead Software Engineers Read more
* Experience designing, building, testing and deploying modern web applications
* Backend experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C++, or Node.js
* Frontend experience with at least one modern front-end framework: Angular, React, Vue, Polymer, or web components
* Experience with any or all of the following is a big plus:
+ Relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL / MySQL / MSSQL / Oracle / DynamoDB / Cassandra / MongoDB / Kafka
+ Prior professional experience working in scale-ups
Conditions and benefits
* You get the chance to make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
* Work and have fun in our custom-designed penthouse at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
* Flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the company office
* Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
* A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May
* 25 vacation days a year and generous parental leave
* 100% employer-funded pension plan
* Automatic enrolment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event
* A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month