Full Stack software engineer
Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for a Full Stack software engineer. Are you interested in building on cutting-edge technology? Do you want to make an impact in a fast growing company? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then read on!
About the team
Software development is at the core of our organization. Together with a strong team of data scientists, a head of product and a hardware architect, our three software development teams work every day on improving our product. These three subteams are Edge Devices, Data Infrastructure, and Applications & Integrations.
This Full-stack Engineer position will be in the Application & Integration Team, the team currently consists of 5 developers, responsible for developing new features that provide insight into the health and performance of our customers' industrial machines, as well as supporting our partners in monitoring their fleet of IoT devices.
"When I joined the company as one of the earliest employees four years ago, we brought the minimum viable product to market in less than a year, and since then we've continuously improved and professionalized. We're in a brand-new phase every year; it's impossible to grow bored. And of course, I also like that we're continuously winning. We're a trusted industry partner now, with tangible success." - Bart Römgens, one of the Lead Software Engineers Read more
You will work in a small, dedicated team designing and implementing data structures, algorithms, interactive visualizations and user interfaces to share these insights with clients via web applications and APIs. You will:
* Design, implement, test and deploy our web applications that offer actionable information about the health and performance of industrial machines
* Improve our web applications for IoT device fleet monitoring and advanced data analysis
* Further develop and scale our infrastructure and backend systems
* Gather requirements from different stakeholders
* Build functional APIs to expose our services
* Code reviews, continuous integration, automation and daily deployments
Hi, we are Samotics! With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world's largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce the global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
* At least 3 years of solid experience in designing, building, testing and deploying modern web applications
* Proficient Python skills on the backend
* Work experience with at least one modern front-end framework: Angular, React, Vue, Polymer, or web components
* Experience with any or all of the following is a big plus:
+ AWS (Our infrastructure is fully on cloud)
+ Relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL / MySQL / MSSQL / Oracle / DynamoDB / Cassandra / MongoDB / Kafka
+ Prior professional experience working in scale-ups
Conditions and benefits
* Make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
* Flexibility to work from home, with certain office/team days in our modern office, which is a three-minute walk away from Leiden Central Station, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
* Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
* A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May, with a yearly increase
* 25 vacation days a year, with possibility of buying 10 more vacation days per year
* A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month
* 100% employer-funded pension plan and generous parental leave
* Automatic enrollment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme, which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event