IT Engineer II
ABN AMRO / Amstelveen (NL)Apply on site
As ABN AMRO Core Transactions we are looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful IT engineer who is passionate about payments. Our systems are a key part of the stability of the bank as a whole. Do you picture yourself working with old and new technologies, data, reporting, DevOps and connecting that to what our clients and business need? Then we are looking for you!, ABN AMRO's IT Engineers design, develop & maintain the next generation of applications. While this means we value our top notch quality standard, you'll work with the best professionals in software development. As a IT Engineer within our Core Transactions grid you are responsible with your team to speed up and strengthen the digital transformation by designing, implementing and supporting our automated processes. You will be part of Value Enabling Core Transactions teams.
You work in a DevOps team responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of software to monitor and maintain business processes.
Financial institutions are facing disruptive market developments, among others sparkled by instant payments and technological innovations. It is our ambition to ensure that ABN AMRO continuous to be able to offer high quality and relevant services to our clients by opening up to partners and clients. You will be part of the Core Transactions department, which is at the heart of the innovation and growth strategy of our Personal & Business Banking business line.
The team you are going to be part of, is a multidisciplinary group of ambitious colleagues working with an agile mindset and with a focus on Core Transactions. In this team we work hard, learn a lot by challenging ourselves every day, while embracing humor for a good atmosphere. Openness, transparency, quality and ownership are key values.
The Value enabling team is a support team that does not build its own application but supports other teams with their applications. As such the team has a number of sub-teams including Testing and Monitoring. As different projects pop-up new sub-teams within the value enabling team can be formed to tackle these. However, for this position the main focus will be on being part of the Monitoring sub-team and working on building monitoring solutions for end-to-end chains. This involves combining data from different applications belonging to different teams to create an overview of what is happening throughout the payment chain.
A lot of effort goes into communication with teams to get access to their data and then discussing the contents of their logs to map out what is actually being logged and which log lines can be used to track payments/requests. A lot of time the data initially being logged is insufficient and discussion with teams about updating their logging is needed.
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated., "We have so many different technologies and programming languages in-house; what's more, we're constantly developing new products. As an IT professional with ABN AMRO, you can never go stale."
* 5+ years
* Eagerness to learn
* Analytical skills, * Enthusiasm for data analysis and monitoring
* Research mindset: Eager to learn how to use new tools and eager to take initiative in finding new creative approaches to solving monitoring solutions.
* Strong communication skills: Approaches other teams easily to ask questions about their logging and monitoring setups
Nice to have:
* Experience in monitoring, using something like Splunk, Azure Workbooks or similar software
* Experience working with Microsoft Azure
* Experience in data analytics
Conditions and benefits
* € 4.213 - € 6.019 pm
* Excellent employment conditions
* In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
* Building a future proof bank
* A diverse and inclusive culture
* Extensive internal career opportunities, The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
* A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
* A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
* An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
* A solid pension plan
Do you have the right profile and are you interested? Please apply. We look forward getting to know you. If you have any questions, please reach out to Deepanshu Dhingra (firstname.lastname@example.org).