Junior Data Analyst
Starred / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for someone to strengthen our data team. Together with other team members, your first responsibility will be to build and maintain the reports on our client focused insights platform. Assuming you do this well, there will be ample space to grow into whatever (data related) direction interests you: Whether that's more customer focused around data visualization and data storytelling, or more technical such as engineering and/or machine learning., * Translating reporting requests into actionable dashboards which support key decision making;
* Give functional support to our business and colleagues developing their own dashboards.
* Providing quality assurance by critically reviewing existing reports and optimising our way of working;
* Helping maintain and develop the data model used for insights;
* Conducting exploratory analysis to identify improvement opportunities;
The position report to the team lead of the Data team.
Starred is the category-leading solution to measure and analyse Candidate Experience. Our clients are innovative companies hiring at scale all over the world. We work with innovative brands across a wide spectrum of industries, from Elastic to Robinhood, and Twilio to Crunchbase.
You have a passion for translating data into insights, always use data to drive a case, and are constantly looking for things to improve. You understand business-drivers and can communicate with both business and technical users. You are a real team player, but when needed can function independently., * An academic (WO-level) or higher educational degree in Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering, or other technical background;
* Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities;
* Experience with Python or other programming languages;
* Proficiency with business intelligence software such as Looker (preferred), Tableau or Qlick is a big plus;
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
* "Can do" mentality, proactive and full of energy & drive;
* Fluency in English is required, * Delivering high quality products by following data principles.
* Team player who is proactive about problem solving and brings a positive attitude to get things done.
* Able to make decisions and prioritise tasks keeping in mind urgency and need of the business.
Conditions and benefits
At Starred we really believe flexibility goes both ways. We expect a lot from our team, so we give a lot back. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
* Ownership: We believe true engagement happens when you have both functional and financial ownership. You'll have every opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing scale-up and receive Starred stock options.
* A good primary salary and pension;
* A good work-life balance, including a laptop;
* 25 holiday days based on a 40-hour work week;
* For each year at Starred your will get an extra holiday up to 30 holiday days;
* Travel allowance;
* Investment in your development: Individual learning and development trajectories are set with your manager. Whether it's a course or a conference: if it's going to help you do your job better than Starred is onboard. We have an unlimited books budget.
* A hybrid working situation, we love building together and therefor we require you to be at our office 2 days per week.
* A great office and team culture in the heart of Amsterdam's scale-up scene.