Lead Data Scientist
Geophy / Den Haag (NL)Apply on site
GeoPhy's multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist to join our Data Science organization and lead the team as we transform the commercial real estate industry with our automated valuation and property comparing models, drawing unique insights and forecasts on real estate markets.
You will take on the responsibility of working alongside and guiding our data science team from exploration and research through model training and productization of models; nurturing and developing teams that have an end-user mindset, end-to-end capability in producing models at scale and a keen eye for deriving insights.
The impact you will have
* Lead a cross-functional team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to deliver, support, and maintain innovative components from conception to production
* Work closely with engineering to define and improve our machine learning infrastructure and capabilities
* Recruit high calibre team members, molding the Data Science team of tomorrow
* Work alongside other tech leaders to align on the data strategy for the company
* Develop and maintain machine learning solutions to deliver data science products in the real estate domain
* Identify, analyze and curate data sources both to improve model accuracy and extract business insights from data
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
* 2 or more years of leadership experience, ideally through scale up/ growth phase
* Hands-on technical background with a strong working knowledge of data science and machine learning
* Deep hands-on knowledge of SQL
* Experience with Python (3.5 and later)
* Experience working with Online Analytical Processing databases (Redshift, BigQuery etc.)
* Ability to distill non-technical stakeholders requirements to create user-centric, consumable data analysis and models
* MSc/PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning or a related subject
* Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
* Strong agile mindset, able to iterate fast and give early feedback
* Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it
* Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English, * Experience with complex data and computing architectures, including cloud services and distributed computing
* Experience with geospatial querying with tools like PostGIS or QGIS
* Experience in real-estate domain
* Experience with AWS
Conditions and benefits
* Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
* GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
* We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
* Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can't wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!