Lead ML Researcher - computer vision, 3D geometry processing Lead ML Researcher - computer vision, 3D geometry processing
Promaton / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Work closely together with product management to set the roadmap and guide our R&D efforts
* Work closely with ML- and clinical experts to leverage the latest advancements in AI to invent new solutions for our dentistry workflows.
* Leveraging your ML expertise to aid an R&D team of ML researchers in building multiple POCs and bringing them into production
* Exploring and validating the latest state-of-the-art in ML-based shape and pose generation for use in our products
* Exploring and capitalizing on patent opportunities within our products
Support an already live mesh segmentation API used worldwide with a steeply increasing number of API calls
* Crafting the technical product strategy and roadmap with the product manager, and representing the tech stack in prioritisation discussions.
* Mentor, coach and grow team members
At Promaton we are building a platform to bring cutting-edge AI research to dental patients around the world. We are highly passionate about AI and health, and at Promaton we combine both by creating customer-facing products to make dental healthcare more affordable, accessible, and of higher quality. Ultimately our mission is to leverage the latest AI advancements to make the lives of patients better.
Most of our colleagues have advanced degrees with cumulatively more than 35 postgraduate study years - so a lot of brain power in the team. You'll be working with an accomplished team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, that already have 8 patents on their name, and have created market-leading algorithms that are in use throughout the world.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion and will lead our ML product teams.
* 5+ years experience in Machine Learning
* 2+ years experience of hands-on leadership experience OR tech leading Machine Learning teams with an R&D-heavy roadmap
* Extensive experience with developing computer vision products
* Passionate about growing and coaching team members and building a high-performing team, exhibiting a people-first mindset
* Experience in product delivery and internal and external stakeholder management
* Previous commercial experience including deploying machine learning systems in production, not only prototypes
* Strong experience working with Python, AWS, and PyTorch/Tensorflow
* Experience with software development workflows: Git, GitHub, TDD, and automated CI/CD.
* Passionate about software engineering principles, best practices, and contributing clean & maintainable code
* Proactive personality with a drive to move things forward
* Based in Europe (+/-2 hours Amsterdam time), * In-depth experience with the use of ML applied for 3D geometry processing, 3D shape generation, pose prediction, and mesh editing in an ML context.
* You are a fan of Kornia, maybe have attended a Siggraph conference over the years, or are even a member (past or present) of an established lab such as VGG out of the University of Oxford, MPIs in Germany, or top-tier vision+graphics labs In the US (UCSD /CMU) then we'd love to talk to you!
* Non-deep learning AI experience: ML, reinforcement learning, constraint satisfaction problems, etc.
* Experience with Kubeflow, Tensorflow serving, and Torch serve.
* Experience in a regulated environment (complying with ISO norms) or medical AI domain.
If you're curious and a constant learner, always wondering what's next and where we can take this technology, let's talk!
Conditions and benefits
Attractive salary package, and excellent employment terms
Excellent work/life balance. Freedom to work from home or anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touchpoints
We have a strong engineering culture: think of CI/CD, experiment management, auto-scaling of clusters, well-defined coding guidelines, and more.
Dedicated time for hackathons and growth, to explore new ideas of your own. Every quarter we have a hackathon week where you can work on anything you like to expand your skill set!
Staying up to date with the latest happening in the ML field can be hard. That is why we organize monthly paper review sessions, where we discuss the latest developments in the field to stay up to date with the current state-of-the-art. Next to that we regularly hold "ML Sparring Sessions" where you can spar with other MLRs in the company on potential directions for projects you are working on.
Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow
Work with the latest technology, at the forefront of a rapidly developing field in medical imaging AI
Loads of responsibility and autonomy (we hate micromanagement) and a chance to make a real impact
Awesome yearly company retreat, and quarterly team events
️ 32 days of annual leave
Top-notch gear, and even bigger servers to play with
️ Promaton is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup, but with the job security of an established company
For international engineers, based in the NL (already relocated to the Netherlands) we are able to offer visa sponsorship
Inclusive environment, we value and celebrate diversity