Machine Learning Engineer
Floryn / 's-Hertogenbosch (NL)Apply on site
Being a Machine Learning Engineer at Floryn means you consider yourself as a healthy mix between a machine learning expert, a software engineer, a researcher, and a hacker. As part of our Engineering team (~15 FTE, incl. 3 Data Scientists), you'll be working on our Machine Learning models, pipeline, deployment, validation, feature engineering processes, etc. The goal is to make better use of the data we collect, and make sure we deliver the best product as possible to our customers. Our hierarchy is flat and communication is direct, therefore we can operate and adapt quickly. You'll work closely with the Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams to make sure we are building the right thing.
What you'll be doing
* Build and deploy predictive models trained on the financial data of our customers.
* MLOps to perform data transformations and model training.
* Experiment with features to improve our modelling.
* Improve our code base and keeping our systems tidy and healthy.
* Work in the data sub-team with 3 data scientist and 3 software engineers that focus on all the financial data.
* Get involved in what you build. We have no product owners, so we expect you to think critically and collaborate with the marketing, sales and risk teams.
* Develop yourself and your team.
We have a technology neutral mindset to engineering and believe in well-tested, robust code. We love open source but are not religious about any specific language or framework. We work with modern open source technology such as Ruby, Rails, ES6, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Docker and AWS. Our Data team uses Python, AWS Sagemaker, FastAPI, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Looker and more. We are using Machine Learning models in production and are managing of all the infrastructure around these models that is needed for them to perform well. We're big on continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and kanban, pull-based processes.
Floryn is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Netherlands. We aim to be the most responsible, scalable and customer-friendly online lender in Europe. We've lent out over € 200 million since inception (2016) and have processed over € 2 billion in transaction volume. We're located in a monumental building in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch that also houses the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS). We are with around 50 people, split over Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales.
The technology that we build plays an essential role in everything we do, so we work with a fully in-house development team. Building great stuff is what drives us and quality always comes first. Our technology has a major impact on businesses and people. Our organisation is flat and communication lines are short, so we can move quickly. We don't have code monkeys. Instead, we give you a problem and trust you will come up with an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 70-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds. We do things our own way, we ship code every day and we take pride in our work.
* You like to work in both ML and Software Engineering.
* Can build an "end-to-end software product" which has machine learning components.
* Knowledge of data analysis and machine learning techniques (regression, decision trees, boosting, NLP, etc).
* Strong skills in Python and SQL.
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in building ML pipelines.
* Experience with implementing ML models in production
* Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP). We use AWS (ECS, ECR, S3).
* Experience with DevOps/MLOps technology (such as Docker, CI/CD, Testing)
Conditions and benefits
* Good salary, pension contribution and 25 days paid time off.
* Daily 'bourgondische' lunch at the office.
* Generous budget to develop yourself with books, courses and conferences.
* MacBook Pro and all high-end gear that you need.
* Many team activities, from drinks to sporting events.
* Travel comfortably by first-class rail or €0,19/km and parking.
* Work from home or from the office, whatever suits you.