Machine learning engineer
South Pole / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As part of the Digital Innovation team, you will drive ongoing development, improvement and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into our digital Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems and forecasting processes and other software services. With strict requirements for the accuracy and scalability of our models, you will design AI pipelines that support effective integration and deployment of the latest remote sensing technologies and models to scale digital MRV for our global nature-based solution (NBS) projects.
Examples of our current work in this field include estimating the reduction of CH4 emissions for rice cultivation and monitoring the impacts of reducing deforestation and forest degradation on carbon stocks.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
* Develop new algorithms and implement scalable Python modules for efficient reading and writing of large amounts of geo, climate and satellite data as well as their analysis in Python;
* Set the standard for properly bringing our data pipelines and models to production;
* Support the development of our digital innovations from proof-of-concepts to scalable software;
* Contribute to the development of team members and colleagues in the latest technologies and applications of AI in Sustainability., We believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
+ Work-life balance
From flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees., From Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
+ Company outings and events
It is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!, At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation., At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
+ We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
+ Entrepreneurial at heart. It's not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
+ Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as an increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
+ All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Founded in 2006
* Good knowledge of scaling-up machine learning and AI technologies using large amounts of earth observation data, with a focus on Python and its data science libraries (xarray, dask, geopandas, pyspark and many more);
* 2+ years work experience in capturing value from state-of-the-art machine learning and AI technologies in a business context;
* 2+ years work experience with MLOps, productionalizing machine learning models in a cloud environment;
* Thirst for knowledge and the will to find elegant solutions for complex questions;
* Very good spoken and written English skills;
* Completed degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, environmental sciences or similar.
* Outstanding communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal stakeholders from our different practices and business lines;
* Experience in or passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and related topics;
* Business acumen leading to effectively translating business opportunities into tangible models and suggesting useable predictions and insights improving our business and that of our customers;
* Good presentation skills with the ability to present highly technical topics with a non-technical audience
Fred. Roeskestraat 115
1076 EE Amsterdam
Directions firstname.lastname@example.org View page