Machine Learning/ML Engineer
NICO.LAB / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
TL;DR: fast-growing medtech company (AI for stroke detection), Amsterdam, 55-95k euros, Machine Learning/ML Engineer., 1. When a patient with stroke symptoms arrives at a hospital, the patient's brain is scanned and uploaded into our cloud.
2. We immediately run AI algorithms detecting stroke location (if any) and type.
3. The result is uploaded back into the hospital, and displayed in our mobile applications and web interface.
* Performance: every saved minute of processing saves one month of the patient's life.
* Accuracy: AI analysis results can affect what treatment the patient will get if any.
* Reliability: human lives depend on our product, so it must be always accessible and every result must be reproducible.
* Compliance: our product is a medical device, and so it must comply with a lot of regulations.
What you'll do
* Work with other Machine Learning Engineers to develop algorithms for stroke diagnosis, primarily on Computed Tomography images.
* Collaborate with backend/cloud engineers to bring ML models into production on GCP/AWS.
* Unit test development.
* Develop Kubernetes application to automate MLOps.
* Design, implement and test complex data pipelines to support the training and validation of algorithms.
* Create technical documentation about the algorithms and design intuitions.
* Analyze and collect insights from complex medical data., In a nutshell, the project consists of the following components:
* Python-driven ML algorithms.
* Golang services processing uploaded and generated medical images and providing APIs for interfaces.
* TS, React, and React Native for Web UI and cross-platform mobile applications.
* Google Cloud and Kubernetes for serving the project
* Terraform and ArgoCD for automating environment creation., 3. Everything you need for work. Laptop, monitor, desk, you name it.
4. Small team. About 30 people in the company and just about 10 out of them are engineers. Easy to make an impact, no bureaucracy, no struggles between teams.
5. Open for experiments. We're always looking for new ways to make the product better, and if you have ideas you'd like to validate, we'll give you the time and resources you need.
6. The best place to learn new things. We discuss new publications in the field, try new technologies, visit meetups together, give you 4 hours per week to let you learn new technologies.
7. Learning budget. We allocate up to € 1000 per year for every engineer to spend on conferences, courses, books etc.
8. No boundaries on your role. Want to try DevOps? Frontend development? E2E tests automation? Designing architecture? Sure! We hire you as a Machine Learning/ML engineer, but you can try other roles, and we will support you in it.
9. Friendly environment. We're friends, we like to cook together, play
* Have strong Python development skills, and scientific Python stack, i.e. Numpy and Scipy.
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience with deep learning for computer vision.
* Have hands-on experience with machine learning frameworks, i.e. PyTorch and TensorFlow.
* Have experience with Docker.
Great to have:
* Experience with CI/CD systems.
* Knowledge of DICOM protocol.
* Experience with SimpleITK.
* Experience with public cloud, i.e. GCP and AWS.
* Experience in developing Kubernetes applications.
Conditions and benefits
1. Salary € 55.000 - € 95.000, including 8% holiday pay and pension contribution. Are you worth more? Sure, let's talk!