Medior Developer (Gateway)
Energyworx / Houten (NL)Apply on site
Energyworx is a rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use. In this world, we are moving away from fossil fuels, transitioning to a diverse energy mix, and a change from centralized to distributed generation. People and communities care about energy efficiency and want to be engaged in reducing their environmental impact. This requires a rethink of the structure and suppleness of the Smart Grid and its systems. Data is fuelling the industry and Energyworx is putting these disparate data streams and stores to use with high-tech energy intelligence to solve today's information challenges. In this way, we deliver value in days rather than months or years. Our mission is to enable global energy evolution in the energy industry. We therefore only work with the most talented people who share our DNA. Do you have what it takes?
What does your work entail?
You'd join a small team of enthusiastic software developers and a QA engineer focusing on conceptualizing and building together the future API layer of Energyworx's cloud data platform using the best design practices. The platform ingests 10 TB of data daily and you will be at the frontline of that as all the data will be passing through the code written by you.
You might start your typical day by checking a few new ideas which came to you about a bug or a story you're currently working on. After that you'll join a quick and stimulating standup with the rest of the team to discover together how things are going and if you can help each other. To Support you there's a Product Owner there to provide clarity on the stories and their priorities and a Scrum Master to remove the impediments and guide the process.
The next thing you might do is join a pair programming meet decided in the stand-up or learn something by reviewing your teammates' PRs or reading the reviews on your PRs. Otherwise, you'll just focus on the story/issue you're working on.
Later that week, you might join a mob programming session (when you code together on selected topics) or participate in a regular knowledge-sharing session.
We work in short iterations, each one starting with a planning meeting where we decide together with the Product Owner what to work on and ending with an open and fun retrospective where we give each other kudos and discover together how we can work even better.
Next to the team knowledge-sharing sessions we encourage every developer to block some time every week for self-education and one a quarter we run a Skill Day with a full focus on learning. About once a quarter we enjoy hacking things together at a Hackathon.
You're passionate about building software and want to improve it continuously. You're proactive in finding ways to improve the codebase, its performance, and its design. You have good communication skills and find teamwork crucial to a healthy environment., * 4+ years of programming experience,
* Golang (or a similar level language) experience,
* NoSQL Database experience,
* Knowledge of APIs, Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture,
* Google Cloud Platform experience would be preferred but experience working on other cloud providers is fine,
* Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally,
* You enjoy what you do.
* Python Experience is a plus,
* Experience with messaging infrastructure,
* Own what you develop and try to find the best solution possible,
* Continuously search for the opportunity to teach or learn something new,
* Know how to solve a problem using different approaches, architectures, or tools,
* Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies., * Thinking outside the box;
* Solution-oriented and customer-focused;
* Flexible in working hours & attitude;
* Communicative., A fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment! Surrounded by talented people who challenge you, with room for fun during work. We encourage you to take ownership and be creative so you can learn, experiment, and develop yourself by continuously working with the best technologies and solutions. At Energyworx we are shaping the future together!
Conditions and benefits
* 25 vacation days with the option to buy more in alignment with your manager;
* We take care of a healthy lunch, coffee, drinks & snacks;
* Being part of a dynamic and very international team;
* Monthly reimbursement for phone and travel expenses;
* Flexibility to work from home or from our office; whatever works for you and your team;
* A laptop from the company (MacBook, etc.);
* A flexible pension plan at a.s.r.;
* Work-from-home budget of € 40 per month;
* A budget for making your home office more comfortable;
* Possibilities for professional development learning (training, courses, etc.);
* Team events & more.