Medior / Senior Data Science Engineer | ORTEC
ORTEC / Zoetermeer (NL)Apply on site
As a Medior or Senior Data Science Engineer at ORTEC you design, build and work on advanced analytics, data processing and data science environments for A-list customers within supply chain, financial services, leisure, travel and more.
Simply pursuing a successful business is no longer enough nowadays. Positive contributions to the planet and society at large are more important every day. At ORTEC our drive is to help our customers to use their data in a smart way to be more efficient, adaptive and sustainable. How nice would it be to have an inspiring job in an innovative industry and contribute to a better world? Well, this is your chance!
As a Medior or Senior Data Science Engineer at ORTEC you know how to build data pipelines (ETL), design (cloud) architectures and put (machine learning) models into production. You mainly work on the Microsoft Azure platform and several other technologies and platforms such as C3.ai and Dataiku. You support your junior and medior coworkers.
As we believe it is very important to stay ahead of the latest technology, knowledge sharing is very important to us. As a medior engineer you play a role in the research and assessment of the latest technologies and platforms, discuss them with and learn from your team members on several topics. You advise both our customers as well as the internal ORTEC organization.
You are part of a team of seven, based in the Netherlands, but we work closely together with our colleagues in the US as well, which makes the team even more diverse. We love technology and we love to make a difference for our customers. We have regular stand-ups, using the agile/scrum methodology and we stay connected, also during this period, by having regular team meetings and some (online) social events as well.
In short: a great combination creating solutions for today and experimenting for tomorrow, together with a great engineering team.
Who are you
Working together with analysts and data scientists to gather requirements and translating them into engineering tasks is your second nature. You are inquisitive, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and know-how and you are eager to continuously develop yourself., We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients' experiences. Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
* You have at least 2 years' experience as Data Engineer and/or Machine Learning Engineer in medium and/or large sized organizations.
* You understand what's needed to get (machine learning) models into production
* Security, compliance, performance and scalability is the base your work from
* You have experience on the Microsoft Azure platform and have worked with tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Datalake Storage, Azure Container Instances and/or Azure Kubernetes Services
* You have programming skills and experience with languages like Python and Scala
* You've worked with CI/CD (like Azure Devops) and versioning control systems
* You are currently living in the Netherlands and able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing). It's a big plus when you have at least basic proficiency in Dutch.
* Experience with technologies such as Spark and Hadoop is a pré, as is DBA experience and setting up cloud environments via infrastructure-as-code
* You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or comparable
Conditions and benefits
* We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
* Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
* Join our company and improve the world
* Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
* Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
* Year-end bonus equal to a full month's pay
* NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it's your choice
* 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
* Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
* We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and when possible, offline events will be common practice as well again.
What to expect