Modern Workplace Engineer
Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
Your goal is to deliver the optimal workplace for your colleagues. You will design, implement and configure changes and/or introduce new technologies to our workplace. You will be a first-line contact person for our users. This role is ideal for an ambitious Microsoft System Administrator or Modern Workplace Engineer (what's in the name?), who wants to take charge of the systems and key applications that make up our workplace, and ensure that everything keeps running smoothly and securely as we scale up. We have a modern cloud-based infrastructure. As you will be the first Modern Workplace Engineer on our team, you will have the chance to leave your mark on how we get to do our jobs. You must enjoy having this level of responsibility.
Hi, we are Samotics! With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world's largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce the global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
We are looking for a Modern Workplace Eningeer. Are you interested in delivering the optimal workplace for our colleagues? Do you want to make an impact? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then read on!
* A bachelor's degree (HBO or WO) in a field related to information systems
* Experience in managing a fleet of endpoint devices - our fleet consists of laptops (mostly Windows and Linux), but also the usual collection of mobile devices
* Experience with Intune, Azure AD, Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
* Strong communication skills - you like working with people (almost) as much as you like working with computers
* Fluency in English - many of our colleagues have an international background, so English is our preferred language
Conditions and benefits
* You get the chance to make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
* Work and have fun in our custom-designed penthouse at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
* Flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the company office
* Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
* A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May
* 25 vacation days a year and generous parental leave
* 100% employer-funded pension plan
* Automatic enrolment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event
* A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month
Submit your CV and cover letter - this is your chance to highlight why you, and uniquely you, would be the best candidate for this role! We'll invite you for interviews either at our office. If the interviews go well, we'll make an offer directly!