Monitoring & Data Qualification Analyst
Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
You will join the Monitoring & Data Qualification team which operates at the core of our business: we diagnose, process, qualify and report incoming anomaly reports derived directly from the field, with our in-house built software. In addition, you analyze rejected and deployed AI models to ensure the quality of the data in our reports. Apart from asset monitoring you work closely with our asset reliability specialists, data scientists, ESA specialists and software developers. Together you will continuously help to improve our software tooling for asset monitoring-thereby making your work even more enjoyable and efficient.
Furthermore, you will also have room for self development through a wide range of learning programs, to expand and deepen your knowledge. Last but not least, you are encouraged to participate in various other projects within the company to help our different departments succeed at scale
* On a typical day, you will spend up to 4 hours analyzing anomaly reports and underlying data.
* You will communicate your analyses and findings with the Asset Reliability Specialist (ARS) team
* Ensure that assets that require to be monitored are updated consistently + communicated to the ARS team
* Contribute during our bi-weekly meetings where we discuss the current state of the client incidents
* Engage in sprint review sessions to brainstorm about software product improvements
* You will review our AI models and assess the underlying data
* Join our monthly retrospective where we assess our performance and reflect on learning points
* Periodically take over our 'guardian' task, which consists of doing missed analyses, providing a list of client incidents requiring attention and answering questions from internal stakeholders, * 8% holiday allowance
* €65 net connectivity allowance
* A travel allowance (OV business card)
* A pension plan with no contribution from the employee
* Access to a wide range of learning programs
* A brand-new, custom-designed office (with 90% recycled materials) at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central Station
* Daily free, fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* The chance to work on cutting-edge technology that affects industry worldwide and contributes to the fight against climate change
* The ability to work from home 3 days a week and from another country 1 month a year
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
We use a combination of interviews and a job test to assess candidates for this position. The test takes 3 hours. It's a great way to experience what it will be like to work as a Monitoring and Data Qualification Analyst. After successfully completing the test, you may be invited to an assessment day at our office in Leiden, where you will speak to our Lead Monitoring & Data Qualification, one of our Asset Reliability Specialists and our Head of Customer Success management.
1. Submit your CV and cover letter - this is your chance to highlight why you, and uniquely you, would be the best candidate for this role!
2. Based on your CV and cover letter we will invite you for an online assessment to showcase your skills.
3. Taking the first two steps into account we will invite you for interviews either at our office or, if preferred online.
4. If the interviews go well, we will make you an offer right away!
Globally, 300 million industrial electric motors power the global economy while consuming 30% of all energy produced. These motors face three critical problems: they fail unexpectedly, are often operated inefficiently and selected inadequately. This leads to high costs of unplanned downtime and massive energy waste.
At Samotics, we are passionate about solving these problems with a unique, AI-driven solution that lets industrial companies reduce downtime and cut back on their energy usage. Our unique technology is used by many of the most successful and innovative industrial companies.
We are a high-growth company (>100% revenue growth per year) with a diverse, international team working out of our brand-new office in Leiden, The Netherlands. We aim to hire only the very best talent that can scale with us as we deploy our technology across the globe.
This role is ideal (but not exclusive!) for a recent graduate with a passion for data analytics, technology and/or mechanical/electrical engineering. You have an analytical mindset, are able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and have a keen interest in deriving insights from data while also aiding with the development of smart solutions to further automate internal processes.
Monitoring & Data Qualification (MDQ) is part of the Customer Success Management (CSM) department and plays a key role there, while also interacting daily with the data science, software engineering and product owner teams. The team consists of 3 analysts and is managed by Jelena Kozowyk-Konjicija (Lead MDQ)., We value mindset and personality as much as we value skills and experience. There are a few strict requirements any candidate should have-please only apply if you have (demonstrably):
* Bachelor degree (in related field)
* 0-2 years of professional working experience with data analysis
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* Hands-on mentality
* Eager to learn and develop
* Fluent in English
* Available 32-40 hours a week
* Available to occasionally work on Sundays and (inter)national holidays