Project Manager / Business Consultant
ORTEC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Project Manager/Business Consultant at ORTEC Data Science & Consulting you will get the chance to carry out projects that make huge impact at our customers and to manage a team of enthusiastic professionals.
In the role of Project Manager, you are responsible for the delivery of your projects. You carry out the day to day-to-day operations of the team and you make sure the team spirit, collaboration and productivity are high. Next to that, you create a project plan, take care of team resourcing and you make sure all stakeholders of your project are up-to-date and aligned.
You can combine this role with the role of Business Consultant, in which you will continuously engage with customers to fully understand their business challenges and support them in the best possible and tailored way. Starting from a business challenge for improvement, you will analyze the challenge and its root causes in detail, by attending stakeholder interviews & workshops.
As it is ORTEC's passion to improve the world using mathematics, it's your job to guide our customers in the world of data & mathematics and to translate their business needs into a solution, this means you will manage innovative projects which solve real life challenges of our customers. You will be the bridge between the customer and the rest of the project team, consisting of colleagues with different expertise's like Data Science, Operations Research, or IT.
* We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
* Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
* Join our company and improve the world
* Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
* Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
* Year-end bonus equal to a full month's pay
* NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it's your choice
* 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
* Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
* We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and when possible, offline events will be common practice as well again.
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients' experiences. Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Business Consultant to contribute to our long-lasting relationships with our customers. There are possibilities to do projects and build relationships in various industries, e.g., manufacturing, retail, energy or the transport industry, for customers like AH, FedEx, ASML and Shell.
Your team, and ORTEC as a whole for that matter, consists of very talented people who like to work together and help each other out, while really making a difference for our customers. You work on real-life problems of our customers, such as business critical processes that influence thousands of people every single day.
As a Project Manager/Business Consultant you are an ambitious professional with experience in doing projects in an Agile environment. You take the lead in complex situations and support your team in their responsibilities.
Furthermore, you have/are:
* At least 3 years of experience in areas such as project management, business consultancy, process optimization, data analytics or other quantitative business-oriented roles
* You have a master's degree with a relevant (technical) background.
* You can translate business opportunities and ideas into solutions based on data analytics, machine learning and/or optimization. Knowledge of/experience in AIMMS is a plus.
* You understand the power of good communication and know how to make the most of this skill. You are comfortable with communicating with people on C-level as well as the end-users of our solution.
* Curious, flexible, and able to quickly come to the essence of a problem or a situation
* You are driven by making impact at our customers and building long-term relationships.
* You have excellent people management skills.
* You are currently living in the Netherlands and can fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing). Command of the Dutch language is a plus.