Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
* Support and improve the company's cloud infrastructure-we are heavy users of AWS, using 20+ services
* Support and improve automation processes, using Terraform and Python-our main tools to manage the AWS cloud infrastructure
* Propose, design and implement security improvements
* Support and improve data science pipelines
* Support and optimize the daily deployment of new software
Hi, we are Samotics! With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world's largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce the global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
We are looking for a Python Developer with DevOps Cloud ambitions. Are you interested in building on cutting-edge technology? Do you want to make an impact in a fast growing company? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then read on!
About the team
The software engineering team currently consists of 21 experienced developers working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver. The data infrastructure team sits within the software engineering department and plays a key role there, while also interacting daily with the data science team and the head of product.
The development teams uses its own simple, practical, and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks. You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility. We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and very few meetings. Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack.
"One of the things that sets us apart is that we use truly modern technologies. For instance, we use the cloud in a cutting-edge way, with all of our cloud in code. This is considered the new frontier and, frankly, the future" - Bart Römgens, one of the Lead Software Engineers Read more
For this role, we are looking for a python developer with a desire to learn more about Cloud technologies such as AWS and Terraform coding. You are already experienced at working with complex application landscapes. You will become an expert who knows how to make applications run smoothly and secure inside this cloud infrastructure.
* Proficiency in coding in Python or another major programming language
* Familiar with Devops and cloud solutions
* Demonstrated ability to design excellent solutions, by using available technology in a creative and elegant way
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment where production deployments take place multiple times a day
* Keen on experimenting with and implementing new technologies
* Truly owning the job, and the responsibilities that come with it-taking initiative and demonstrating sound judgment
Conditions and benefits
* You get the chance to make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
* Work and have fun in our custom-designed penthouse at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
* Flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the company office
* Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
* A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May
* 25 vacation days a year and generous parental leave
* 100% employer-funded pension plan
* Automatic enrolment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event
* A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month