Senior Backend Software Engineer (Node.js)
Storyteq / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Our Senior Backend Engineer positions require true 'Engineers' with Product based mindsets. You will be joining a team of Engineers who come from backgrounds in solving complex software engineering challenges, accustomed to working in a proactive manner, identifying areas for improvement and implementing these effectively.
The role will require you to utilise your knowledge of best-practice software development principles where you can design, develop and implement new features for our SaaS platform, whilst making our product even more scalable and awesome.
As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team, inspiring and advocating bar-raising quality of code whilst being hands-on yourself.
The team works in sprints where goals are always a combination of product roadmap features and your team's own technology input. That way we make sure we always keep our technology modern and our product on track!
Your main responsibilities:
* Building new features and technological innovations in our Node.js back-end as part of one of our Development Teams
* Understand and help define our platform's architecture together with the team
* Challenge our product and team members to continuously develop themselves and our product, * Have Node.js Development experience - essential (more than connecting an API!)
Hi, want to build out the future of content automation with us?
Storyteq is a Creative Marketing Operations Platform that empowers digital creative leads and marketing leaders, in top global brands and agencies to optimise and scale the way they create and manage digital creative assets. We believe creativity takes time, but creative production shouldn't.
Since 2016 our mission has been to revolutionise the way creative assets are created and managed throughout global organisations. Magic happens when we let technology empower creativity in this way.
Our endless curiosity and relentless commitment to our customers lies at the heart of our approach to solving problems. This common mission is weaved into our values: we take risks (be bold), thrive on change (move fast), and lead with trust (stay familiar).
* Possess a deep understanding of modern software engineering design and development principles
* Can demonstrate previous experience of backend software engineering using ANY of the following: Java, C++, Python, Go, Scala
* Are great at modelling business domains into data models
* Have a good understanding and experience with different database paradigms and when to use them
* Have a deep understanding of APIs
* You're pro-active, result-driven, and excited to work in a fast-growing tech scale-up
* You're a team player and like to work together to reach our goals
* MUST HAVE gained Software Engineer / Development experience in a SaaS / Product based environment
Also great to have....
* Experience with Node frameworks like NestJS or Express
* Experience with message queues like RabbitMQ, PubSub or similar
Conditions and benefits
* Be entrepreneurial
* See and seize opportunities
* Take ownership
* Focus on impact
* Be ambitious
* Be organised
An excellent salary 65-75k gross/year (based on your experience!).
Employee stock ownership.
27 days of annual leave (Well-being Day and Volunteer Day included).
Flexible hybrid working model (2-3 days in the office) or remote options.
A bicycle lease plan with Hellorider after 1 year of employment.
Excellent tools: High-end Laptop, Monitor, and everything in between!
We support your continuous improvement with trainings, courses, conferences and books.
Mental health and wellbeing support: Access to OpenUp.
Relocation allowance to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands. Amount is decided on a case-by-case basis. Work VISA and 30% ruling application support (if applicable).
Free office lunches and endless snacks at the Amsterdam Office.
The best Friday afternoon drinks & Quarterly team outings.
A Pension contribution for employees who are based in the Netherlands.
Pet friendly office, so feel free to bring your furry friend!
*Benefits may vary depending on the country you are based in. Reach out to our People Team to learn more.