Senior Data Scientist, Experimentation
Beat / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
You are a creative thinker who can drive great customer experience and business growth through ecosystem optimisation and predictive models. Working at the junction of data science, simulation, and network science, you will uncover optimisation opportunities based on patterns in both individual and group dynamics.
You are interested in the ride-sharing industry and the impact it creates in every part of the world. With constant learning and adaptation, you will drive the future evolution of the industry, advising Beat on its service transformation and system optimisation.
Your impact will be truly global as you will work in diverse teams across Europe and Latin America, with the goal to grow Beat business and enhance a frictionless experience for both riders and drivers., * Focusing on our fully managed service (1-sided marketplace with Beat cars/drivers), develop deep insights into the impact of our routing, matching, and scheduling algorithms on system performance
* Translate these insights into heuristics and algorithms that optimise the system at a holistic level while balancing individual customer experience
* Develop predictive models and/or simulations to evolve the ecosystem into a resilient and adaptive market
* Optimise the system between operational performance and revenue, balancing between top-down system-level frameworks versus bottom-up levers
* Communicate key insights to senior stakeholders to drive informed business and product decisions
* Embrace and evangelise a data-driven culture across the organization
* Explore new opportunities for Beat and our users by following industry and technology trends
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the worldâ€ s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
* 4+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
* Bachelorâ€ s and/or Masterâ€ s Degree in Physics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
* Expert experience with machine learning in Python
* Hands-on experience in using leading data visualization tools (Tableau or other)
* Expert knowledge of SQL and databases
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving mindset
* Excellent multitasking skills to manage multiple projects across various teams and topics
* Comfortable with ambiguity
* Ability to collaborate with individuals from varying backgrounds and skill sets
Conditions and benefits
* Competitive full-time salary
* Defined contribution Pension plan
* Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
* Work permit cost covered
* Commuter Benefits Program
* Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
* Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
* A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
* Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.