(Senior) Frontend Engineer
Aidence / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a frontend developer you will be part of a team owning, maintaining and improving applications that radiologists use one a day-to-day basis in hospitals all over Europe that contribute directly to our mission.
Interesting challenges developing:
* extremely modern technology stack built by very senior engineers
* device agnostic user experience development for modern browsers;
* performance optimisation with consideration for network speed & latency issues, client optimisations eg using web workers;
* designing and experimenting with user interaction for complex medical image annotation tasks;
* writing unit, integration and end to end tests (using Testing Library and Cypress)
* Secure front-ends with CSP policies, managing and auditing NPM libraries and CVEs, ensuring ASVS controls;
As the frontend engineer you will:
* Focus on ways of adding value to our customer through innovation, integration and service that will drive commercialisation and retention.
* Be responsible throughout the life-cycle for features and projects you work on, from refining the approach to seeing it running in production.
* Maintain and observe all Quality and Regulatory requirements throughout development and operations, to assure our continued compliance.
* Report to one of our Engineering Managers
At Aidence we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists and industry experts to shape tomorrow's healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of AI clinical applications for the automatic analysis of medical images. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer and heart disease using cutting edge deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first in the world to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps being made to enter the US market. Aidence is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC's.
In almost five years Aidence has grown to an international team of 50 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds, and personalities. We work closely together to achieve our common goal to transform the oncology pathway using AI. In the first years, our main focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we are able to further commercialise and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a real difference in healthcare?, We are looking to expand our frontend development capability with a senior front-end engineer with between 5-10 years experience that is happy to work in a multi-disciplinary team on the development of a green field project built in partnership with AstraZeneca (read more about https://www.aidence.com/news/aidence-astrazeneca-ipn-ai/), * At least 2 years of working with any mayor framework (Angular, VueJS, React, Ember)
* Experience working on large scale projects
* A proven track record in frontend development using both SPA frameworks and VanillaJS
* Clean, quality code supported by unit and integration tests and validation, * Experience with React.JS and TypeScript
* Experience building REST APIs in the past as a full stack or backend (we won't ask you to do it)
* Experience with imaging libraries / Cornerstone.Js / OHIF / ArrayBuffer / HTML 5 Canvas or WebGL, * Fit & Commercial awareness with our Head of Engineering (30min) (F2F preferable)
Conditions and benefits
* Annual salary of 70k-90k, depending on seniority.
* Hybrid model of remote work - you only have to come to the office on demand (and it's always fun).
* 25 vacation days (on a full time basis)
* Lots of autonomy, lots of responsibility.
* Very smart, passionate colleagues.
* Free lunches and Friday drinks
* A beautiful waterside office in the old center of Amsterdam
(Sarphatikade 8, 1017 WV, Amsterdam)