Senior Frontend Engineer
CodeSandbox / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you'll be working closely with other engineers and designers, implementing new features from scratch, while making sure our interface is performant, accessible, and overall aesthetic. You'll be part of a team that tries to shape the future of online coding and innovate the workflows around collaboration and integration., * Build new features for our web client using TypeScript and React.
* Ship clean, tested and well-documented code across our different codebases.
* Extend our design system, built on top of Radix & Stitches, to ensure our components are accessible, consistent and beautifully polished.
* Improve the user experience, polish the interface and pay close attention to details. Therefore, working experience with animation libraries and keyboard navigation is a plus.
* Work closely with designers and product managers to explore the problem space before jumping to the solution.
* Leverage and improve existing abstractions we use for state management. We have a custom architecture built on the concepts behind state machines.
* Work with asynchronous flows and deal with real-time reactivity and event-based architectures.
* Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality. We put a lot of emphasis on code reviews and peer programming.
* Provide open feedback to your peers and manager, offer support to other roles in the organization.
* Keep others informed to nurture great collaboration in our team while working in a remote environment.
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At CodeSandbox, we encourage you to pursue wherever your interests take you. You'll have a chance to shape your role accordingly.
At CodeSandbox we're building a collaborative online development platform that makes it easy for anyone to build web applications. We're used by over 4 million people on a monthly basis, and we're looking for a Frontend Engineer with advanced knowledge in React, who can help us build the next iteration of the CodeSandbox web client., At CodeSandbox we work from the idea that software development should be more accessible and collaborative. It should be possible for anyone to create an application if they have a great idea, and there should be no hassle in sharing this with others. We follow this mentality not only in how we build our product, but also in how we work with each other.
Whenever we start a new project, we include everyone on the team to help out. We expect everyone to be open to helping each other and generally encourage everyone to work together.
You'll thrive as a Senior Frontend Engineer if you...
* Deeply care about great User Interfaces with an amazing User Experience.
* Have excellent collaboration and communication skills.
* Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates.
* Have experience with development tools (browser tools, git, terminals).
* Have advanced React knowledge.
* Worked with Next.js, Storybook, Figma or similar solutions.
Let us know if you might even have:
* Experience building design systems and reusable and extendable components.
* Solid understanding of TypeScript and appreciation for well-typed APIs.
* Experience with real-time communication systems.
* Working experience with animation libraries and keyboard navigation.
* Used CodeSandbox in the past and are familiar with the product.
Conditions and benefits
At CodeSandbox, we're offering:
* A friendly, remote-first working environment.
* Competitive salary & equity.
* Flexible working hours.
* Unlimited paid time off, affordance-based. We expect you to take a minimum of 25 days.
* Work equipment of your choice.
* Educational & personal development budget.
* Annual health and wellness stipend.
* Freedom to create and run your own project.
* Parental leave for the moms and dads among us.
If you share our enthusiasm for making development more accessible and collaborative, we'd love to review your application!