Senior Fullstack Engineer
SwipeGuide / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Would you like to join a fast-growing SaaS scaleup and continue development in any direction you are interested in? Our technology is revolutionizing the manufacturing industry by empowering factory workers and saving paper at the same time. Finally, a job with a mission with the purpose to help people I hear you say!
Fresh from announcing a further €5 million of funding and 58% employee growth in 2021, we are now searching for another Senior Fullstack Engineer (you'd be our 7th member!). Jumping into the deep-end to disrupt the manufacturing industry, you'll play a key part in an agile development team whilst we continue to scale and you'll help shape and grow the engineering team.
Stack: We need a true web loving full stack engineer to help us round out the team, DevOps chops = useful! NodeJs, React, GraphQL, Postgresql, AWS stuff like Redshift and Lambda, Redis, Docker, Jenkins etc., * We have recently become a part-remote organization, but our office is available for Swipees to attend each day too (totally optional). For the future, it's totally up to you: hammock on the beach or face-to-face smiles?
* We work in a bustling startup hub B.2 in Amsterdam with 300+ other startups. You'll see the usual ping pong table, foosball, arcade machines, and PS4s everywhere. But, there are also charming places to sit in the sun, break-out areas, and ambitious, inspired people as far as the eye can see (when everyone returns!);
* You'll soon meet the road cyclist, the yoga lover, the guy with an oyster business, the ex-chef, the person to count on in an emergency, the social butterfly, the DJ trainee, the volleyball player, and someone who owns hundreds of sneakers
* We like to fail (it's how we learn), and in our "SwipeUp" sessions, we share our f*** ups (failures) and learn together
* Our values are at the heart of everything we do; we strive to enable Swipees to develop their potential and showcase their authentic selves and engage in a culture of inclusion, As part of the SwipeGuide Engineering Circle, you will become SwipeGuide's Senior Fullstack Engineer. You will work closely with Sue (CTO), Willemijn (Founder/CEO), Deborah (Product Manager) and of course the other devs, designers, and QA (some in Amsterdam, the rest in Spain, Prague, and Macedonia)!, * Creating scalable and reusable components in our React/Node.js web application for viewers and editors;
* Leading projects, architecting solutions and collaborating with product, design, and engineering teams to get the feature shipped to the end user
* Collaborate with team of frontend and other fullstack developers to maintain, monitor, and improve the overall platform - you OWN it!
* Improve continuous integration and delivery pipeline, including streamlining our tests, build, and deployment processes in Jenkins, AWS, etc. in collaboration with a senior DevOps Engineer
* Providing code reviews and leading by example with best practices for clean, maintainable code and as well as tooling and technologies in general
* As a senior member of the team, you are also part of an on-call rotation, where you share responsibility with the rest of the DevOps Circle to ensure platform availability for our customers
We are Swipeguide. We are on a mission to reduce waste, spare resources for better use, and save the world from useless paper instructions. Imagine working on a busy production line, and you have to rely upon outdated, inadequate work instructions. PDF and paper instructions are a thing of the past, so we're developing simple, intuitive cloud software to empower factory teams to perform better in their jobs and scale knowledge with digital standard work. Our Swipeguide platform enables global companies like Coca-Cola, Heineken, and PepsiCo to build and share visual step-by-step digital work instructions with their workforce on any device. And yes, it also feels good to enable them to use less paper and save the trees ! We all know that a digital future is unavoidable, and we're providing the software essential for digital transformation. And it's working. We started with five people in 2016; today, after €5mn funding in March 2021, we have twenty-five full-time
employees, 100,000+ platform users in 89 countries worldwide, and an inclusive, continuously improving culture.
* You'll hold a BSc or MSc in computer science or a similar subject. However, we also really like people that bring awesome experience but don't have the qualification (share your GitHub with us).
* Your understanding of good coding practices is strong and you're someone that we can rely on to build and maintain desktop and mobile web apps
* You have built applications in React and Node.Js with at least 3 years of experience
* You have experience with API development in GraphQL, relational databases, such PostgresQL, as well as non relational databases
* You have the ability to self manage and deal with changing requirements and flows;
* You can easily explain your code and technical improvements to other developers while also speaking in business logic terms to non-technical members on the product team
* You are fluent in English and thrive in diverse, international environments working with people from different cultures, * You are familiar with AWS, Docker, and other DevOps tools
* You are happy to support junior engineers and contribute to our culture of #alwaysbelearning. You are eager to learn new technologies
* You don't shy away from scripting when it needs to be done with Bash, SQL, or other languages
* You have experience with web application security
Conditions and benefits
* Unlimited holidays (and we think it works here!)
* Remote working opportunities &/or Amsterdam office
* Competitive monthly compensation + monthly holiday pay
* A challenging environment to develop your personal and professional skills with a lot of freedom to take on ownership
* You'll be in a fortunate situation to make a high impact at a startup that is about to lift off after €5mn funding
* You will enjoy working in a startup hub at B. Amsterdam
* A chance to learn from other people's mistakes - we share and celebrate failures on Thursday