Senior Java Software Engineer
Geophy / Den Haag (NL)Apply on site
GeoPhy's multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the foundation for a new client facing product. You will be responsible for delivering the highest possible quality software, participating in business requirements analysis and designing the architecture from the ground up.
As a data company in the commercial real estate space, our applications are read-heavy where the challenge is to provide a large body of insights in a useful, visually engaging and concise manner. We are growing and our applications are growing with us, therefore, scalability and performance are our main focuses., * Design, develop, maintain and ensure the quality of code in new web application product
* Actively participate in the full software development lifecycle from ideation and planning through to development, CI/CD, testing, customer feedback and further iterations
* Identify defects and their impact on the solution, proactively suggest improvements across the whole stack
* Collaborate with Product Owners, Software Engineers and Data Scientists to expose data through the web application
* Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
* 5 or more years of Java software development experience
* Strong knowledge of Java 11, Spring Boot and core libraries
* Strong knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.) and relational storage concepts
* Experience with Amazon Web Services
* Experience with CI/CD tooling (GitLab, etc.) and quality assurance best practices (test driven development, etc.)
* Experience of working in an Agile team and environment
* Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English