Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning You'll be
Promaton / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Did you know that your teeth are like your fingerprints: they're uniquely yours? If you need a replacement tooth for one that you lost, it will also need to be uniquely designed to fit you. Promaton is changing dental healthcare by automating diagnostics and treatment workflows using AI, making healthcare more affordable and accessible for everyone. See our company page to learn more about what we do.
Your expertise will help build machine learning pipelines that create tooth designs with cutting edge technology. And when we say cutting edge, we mean it. We are implementing approaches published in the latest ML conferences, and are continuously striving to implement the latest best practices in ML engineering and infra.
The team you will join is currently working on automation of treatment planning for prosthetics. The challenges we have are both in analysing 3D medical scans, as well as generating 3D design structures for all those unique patients.
Tl;dr; We're looking for someone with 5+ years of experience (in Python?) to help us build machine learning pipelines in the dental medical field. You'll be responsible for setting out the technical vision needed for finding the right balance between high quality code and quick experimentation.
* Making our AI pipelines work smoothly by solving complex problems with your curiosity and technical creativity
* The experienced engineer of our prosthetics team who helps make decisions to ensure scalability and performance of AI pipelines.
* Proactively helping with setting the right prioritization to ensure work is aligned with the business needs, while keeping tech debt in mind.
* Coaching other team members and sharing knowledge to help the team improve alongside you
* Working with an accomplished team of machine learning researchers and engineers that already have 8 patents on their name.
The challenges you'll face:
1. All our products process large data points, ranging from 5 up to 700MB. This means that a lot of off-the-shelve tooling doesn't work for us, and we need to invent our own to process and manage our data. It still needs to be fast
2. We are a cloud-native company, and cloud-native ML frameworks are still in their early days. You'll help us navigate the ever evolving ecosystem of tools, to make sure we find the right balance between off-the-shelf and home-grown tooling. For example we are moving our machine learning pipelines into Argo Workflows
3. Medical AI has to comply with the highest quality standards. While in other industries failing to predict for example a recommended product has little consequence, in the medical field you really don't want to be wrong. Safety-critical AI is a hard topic.
* 5+ years experience working with Python
* Solid experience in bringing AI Models to production, preferably in computer vision.
* Bachelor/ Master level degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree with a strong mathematical foundation
* Experience in designing complex pipelines, applying SWE design principles
* Extensive experience with machine learning model architectures
* Good coaching and communication skills
* Experience working asynchronously with a distributed team
* Proven Experience with application / microservice development
* Experience with AWS or Kubernetes deployment
* Previous experience in medical or other regulated field
Conditions and benefits
* Attractive salary package
* Freedom to work from home or anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touch points
* Dedicated time for hackathons and research, to explore new ideas of your own. We have a quarterly "hack for a week on anything you like"
* Monthly paper review sessions, where we discuss the latest developments in the field to stay up to date with the current state-of-the-art
* Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow
* Work with the latest technology, on the forefront of a rapidly developing field in medical imaging AI
* Loads of responsibility and autonomy (we hate micro management) and a chance to make a real impact
* Awesome yearly company retreat, and quarterly team events
* ️ 25 days of annual leave
* Top-notch gear, and even bigger servers to play with
* ️ Promaton is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup, but with the job security of an established company
* For all international engineers: Promaton is recognized as a visa sponsor by the Dutch government