Spectral / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
You will work closely with data scientists, power systems engineers and fellow developers on developing control and monitoring solutions for smart grids and renewable energy power plants.
An example project that you could be working on:
Virtual Power Plant platform - a turn-key solution that enables intelligent management of grid networks, distributed energy resources (DERs), and energy storage. The platform enables many DERs to be aggregated into a virtual power plant which can be deployed for the provision of energy services, such as frequency regulation. The total integrated system includes numerous components, such as: embedded energy management systems, device communication interfaces, advanced control, and optimization algorithms, physical / cyber security systems, data processing services, user interfaces (both embedded and cloud-based), sensors, and measurement systems.
Your tasks will include:
* Working with our team and third parties to develop system designs, including the definition of functional requirements, data models, architecture and specification of communication protocols
* Developing new and existing back-end applications
* Diagnosing and optimizing the performance of critical, high-throughput applications
* Contributing to cutting-edge innovation and R&D projects which push the boundaries of the current state of the art in smart-grids and energy management technologies
* Mentoring junior developers
Spectral, a system integration and smart energy services company in Amsterdam, is looking for a software developer to join the existing development team. If you can bring talent and enthusiasm, we can offer the opportunity to be a part of a game-changing team working on high-performance microgrids, smart building applications, energy control systems and other tech solutions to drive the energy transition.
We're looking for someone who is innovative and passionate about applying technology to find optimal solutions, solving complex challenges, and is capable of adaptively working with different programming languages and frameworks.
You should have high attention to detail, be a proactive problem solver and work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Most of all, we're looking for someone who is highly motivated to join us on our mission to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. Our international team is based in Amsterdam North. Fluency in written and spoken English is a must., * 5+ years' relevant professional work experience
* Mastery of a high level programming language (we use Python, Go and C#)
* Familiarity with cloud-native systems (whether on AWS, GCP or Azure)
* Automated testing and continuous integration
* Fluent in English, * Time series databases (e.g. TimescaleDB, InfluxDB)
* Event-driven architecture
* gRPC & Protobuf
* GitLab Pipelines
* Google Cloud Platform
* Building management systems
* Smart-grids and energy systems
Conditions and benefits
Spectral gives you the opportunity to join an ambitious, multicultural and entrepreneurial team, working on exciting projects, implementing cutting-edge technology to change the world for the better! You will be offered a competitive salary. The start date is flexible, but you could begin immediately.